The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 23rd, 2022

richwmn

22 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

@dfish I feel your pain on the prescription cost, but $90 is better than $167 that I am  stupid with.😢

Sorry, should be stuck with. Also, I just received a letter in the mail changing my appointment in November to a week later at a time that doesn’t work for me. I called to reschedule and the next available appointment is now January. I guess he’s vacationing the month of December.😱

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

8 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Sorry, should be stuck with. Also, I just received a letter in the mail changing my appointment in November to a week later at a time that doesn’t work for me. I called to reschedule and the next available appointment is now January. I guess he’s vacationing the month of December.😱

The cost of prescriptions is criminal!   Only in America.   You must be mistaken on the wait to see your doctor.   We don't have wait times here.  That's only in Canada.   Sorry, I get mean when having to deal with the system.  And, $90 is better than many have to pay.  

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

The cost of prescriptions is criminal!   Only in America.   You must be mistaken on the wait to see your doctor.   We don't have wait times here.  That's only in Canada.   Sorry, I get mean when having to deal with the system.  And, $90 is better than many have to pay.  

Thanks Debbie, this is the same Dr that took a month to issue a new prescription for therapy. I have no other choice  as my hospital only has 1 Neurologist on staff.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is International Widows Day, Let it Go Day, and National Pink Day

Meal Suggestion for today - Spicy Shrimp Penne Pasta
Drink of the Day - Dekuyper Fuzzy Beam
wine of the Day - Te Mata 2019 Estate Vineyards Syrah (Hawke's Bay)
Destination of the Day - Tanjung Priok, Jakarta, Indonesia

hey just back from my cruise and I noticed you changed the name back to Fleet report/daily and I was curious as to why you made the change.

Love anything with Penne Pasta.

Had a good time on Allure except the broadway who cast was ill from food poisoning so this makes the 2nd ship in 6 weeks I did not get to see the broadway show.  The other was on Symphony.

Also given how much RCI is about sports and stuff, might be time to book again with HAL

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A couple of new developments for me.  We discussed Luggage Forward a while ago.  Yesterday I dropped off my bag for my July 1 QM2 cruise at the UPS store.(I get my mail there anyway and it is easier for me than planning to be home for the pickup),  It has already been delivered to their agent's office in Brooklyn so they are VERY conservative in getting bags to the port on time.

Roy

wow going on the Queen Mary from Brooklyn. have a nice time. 

Will you post onto HAL or will you post onto Cunard.  I have heard mixed reviews on Cunard.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, dfish said:

In England each prescription item is £9.35 about $12.

For over 60s prescriptions are free.

All prescriptions in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are free for everyone.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon!

Today was Medical Morning.  First I met with the surgeon who was dismayed that I still had pain.  I told him it wasn't as intense so the gallbladder was probably contributing.  I didn't want him to feel too badly.  He's back to talking about taking out the adrenal mass, but I have a different thought on the source of the pain.  

After that I went to have the x-ray taken of my hip and they managed to squeeze me in for bone density scan as well.  I should get the results back by tomorrow.   

Then, I stopped and picked up a new prescription for the price of $90.  Outrageous.  I tried to drop it and my blood sugar went haywire.  

When I got home I reread the original MRI that set all of this in motion.  Instead of concentrating on the adrenal mass, I read the rest of it and I am now wondering if the cause is the scoliosis.  My spine curves to the left and then rotates.  It could be there isn't enough support for the right side and it results in pain.  Questions for the doc.   

@marshhawk The color has mostly grown out or faded.  I was supposed to have a hair appointment today, but my hairdresser is sick.  So, I go on Monday and we will decide what I want to do with it next.  I could just go blonde as everyone seemed to like that.  

Blondie.thumb.jpg.c1bf9d4c31328c3f12b0c0dad698cbda.jpg

@Cruzin Terri Maybe you'd like the garlic parmesan version?   

@jimgev Thank you!   This was an easy dish to outdo myself on.  

Blonde would look lovely Debbie.

• Like 10

Furnando cat is head bumping me for kisses right now.  That's because his window is not open.  It's not open because it is 97 degrees out.  And that kind of air can stay out.  And  I can stay in.  Have to start back to work at 4.

DH and I went out for lunch to the Greek Restaurant.  I had a gyro salad, and he had Slovakia (sp).  We bought a cheese and feta pizza and a side of meatballs, with the plans to slice the meatballs onto the pizza  and have that for dinner as we are both working late.  Our waitress suggested we just get a ground beef pizza,  but we wanted the extra flavoring  of the sauce.  She loaded us down with meatballs, should be a good pizza.

645f16c790fbbb2e38ff9e8facf297a7.png

• Like 19
  • Haha 4

@dfish I like the blond hair, but thought your "color" showed bravery and confidence. I'm still thinking of making my somewhat white/blond memory hair into something teal.  Not all of it, just the bottom inch or so.  Kind of as if, I had laid down with my pony tail in a can of paint.  Oh well....maybe in two weeks.

Apparently "Gumby" is being fought over, and I may not end up with the job I want,, but belong to the biggest whiner.  NOT FAIR.  

@grapau27 I want to tell you that I love quiche, and your light lunch looked wonderful.  I am glad that the shot didn't hurt too much, and I hope it brings lots of relief.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow going on the Queen Mary from Brooklyn. have a nice time. 

Will you post onto HAL or will you post onto Cunard.  I have heard mixed reviews on Cunard.

It will be on the Cunard Forum.  I have many days (mostly transatlantics) on QM2 and love it.  This cruise, however is pretty close to free as I was booked Sydney to New York in March-April 2020 (guess how that turned out) and this will be using credits from that cancelled trip.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

hey just back from my cruise and I noticed you changed the name back to Fleet report/daily and I was curious as to why you made the change.

I added Fleet Report last Sunday to essentially take the focus back to the location of the fleet since all ships except one were in passenger service and the other is in a relief effort.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good afternon.  As usual, it was hurry up and wait, but DH was discharged about 1 pm and we were home about 1:30.  I got everything we took with us and all the used and non-used items from the room put away.  The unused toothpate, toothbrush, shower gel and body lotion will be taken to Quartzsite.  They will be donated to a place called Carol's Closet, which gives used clothes to the needy, and I think it is an off shoot of the food bank.  They said they can also use toiletries and laundry supplies.

After a couple of stressful days, we're just relaxing this afternoon and staying cool inside.  Tonight we'll have hamburgers grilled on the George Foreman.  It’s 101F and too hot to cook out.

@dfish  Debbie, I like the blonde hair, but the last version was good too.  

@grapau27  I'm glad the shot didn't hurt much.

@1ANGELCAT  Sorry this doctor does not seem to support his patients with timely prescriptions and by putting off necessary appointments.  It sounds like your hospital needs to add another neurologist.

@Crazy For Cats  Congratulations on the negative test results.  BON VOYAGE and have a great cruise.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Yesterday I dropped off my bag for my July 1 QM2 cruise at the UPS store.

Super curious....:) 

Where are you going......is this a TA...or a roundtrip....???

Will you be doing a blog....????

• Like 10

Whew, I'm pooped. At the eye doctor the uveitis was quiet, with no white cells seen in the eye. But she did see a corneal cyst. I've had this unexplained fluid collection in the right eye that no one could figure out, but I think this is separate. So I have to put in hypertonic saline gel, which will draw out the fluid. Of course it's not in stock in any drugstore around, so I have to order it from Amazon! I ran errands to 4 places after the appointment.

@VMax1700 Happy Birthday! Wonderful to celebrate on a BHB. My first cruise was a birthday cruise, and another time I celebrated in China while on a river cruise.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great that DH is walking pretty well.

@StLouisCruisers I hope DS does test negative and sorry his his other son tested positive. 

@bennybear Good advice. I need to find a dermatologist, but it's hard to get an appointment.

@Cruising-along Great that DGS tested negative.

@Crazy For Cats Woohoo!

@Oceansaway17 Welcome home.

@marshhawk I hope you get the job you want.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I'll say it again, I'm eternally grateful that we get all our prescriptions free of charge, as well as nearly all our medical needs.  All because of DH's service in the military plus Medicare. I don't remember the last time we got a bill.   Of course we had to also be apart for months at a time (a year when he was in Viet Nam). 

And I guess we lucked out with our doctors and clinic, never a long wait for appointments. If one doctor isn't in, another will fill in.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Super curious....:) 

Where are you going......is this a TA...or a roundtrip....???

Will you be doing a blog....????

It's New England and Canada.

July 3: Bar Harbor

July 4: Boston till after midnight

July 6: Halifax

July 8: New York

It's part of a string of cruises that starts with a TA from Southampton and returns to Southampton when I get off.

I'll at least do a thread on the Cunard forum.

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Sorry, I’m behind and had a bunch of posts I was going to multi quote but the day just went downhill.

Maybe tomorrow at the airport?  🤞 

I got a call (automated) that my new phone is being delivered tomorrow and requires a signature.  Fed Ex needs the shipper to modify instructons.  Apple can’t change it - I went around in circles for over 2 hours when I should have been packing and cleaning not to mention the FCL and my spread sheets.  Oh well I’ll see what happens tonight.

I was told it was coming from Texas so I knew it wouldn’t get here by tomorrow.  Nope - Montreal.  I am crossing my fingers - have left a note for the Fed Ex guy to cross the street and take it to my neighbour who will on the watch for them.

Honest to Pete - what’s next?

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Yesterday at the county fair: 

Weather was just beautiful. Not hot like another county fair we used to go to. Nice breeze. We walked and shopped and looked at exhibits. The woodworking exhibit was especially beautiful. We ate roasted corn and of course had funnel cakes. It was a very nice day. 🙂
I had brought my iPad charger, but (of course) it broke 😡 so I had to buy one at the fair. Luckily my GF had a magnetic charger so I could charge my phone. 
Now to go back and read yesterday’s and today’s fleet/daily reports. 😉

• Like 17

Finally catching up on the events of the last few days. My friend & her Boys are safely home in their lovely, cool home. They are showing no signs of trauma, and hopefully they will be happy to see me when I visit. 

I am stunned by all that is happening to my Dailyite family. I love the signs of progress, but many of you seem to take one step forward, and then go back six. I need to amp up my prayers. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, glad to read about DH’s improvement. May he continue on that path. 

Brenda, @bennybear, special prayers that your DH’s melanoma has been caught early enough.  And though I would never have suspected my tiny dot to be melanoma, my dermatologist suspected it because the color did not match my other “spots”. Magic words “we got it all”.

@kazu I never thought I would EVER type these words “I am so sorry someone ran over your phone”.  Geesh. May only good things happen to you from now on.

P.S. @dfish I think a streak of teal would look lovely in that blond hair. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2