The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 23rd, 2022

richwmn

52 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Please refresh my memory on why you will be at the airport.

Thank you

Roy

I’m escaping from here (as in get me the H out of Dodge) for a long weekend.  It’s our anniversary tomorrow and I can’t do this one on my own, don’t think.  I’ve done my birthday, mother’s and father’s day but this is going to be too much.  Escaping to friends I haven’t seen in 4 years and other friends and my sister are joining us.

My friend is prepared for tears, hugs or smiles.  Bless her ♥️ 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 12

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning to all the Dailyites.

Thank you for the lists to both Rich and Roy,

@rafinmd A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and I wish you many more.

@StLouisCruisersI am so sorry your DH is still in quarantine.  Prayers that this is over soon

@dfishthank you for the recipe.  It sounds good, but I am one to leave out the red pepper.  I hope your walking route is without barriers today.

@kazuI hope you can resolve your phone problems today.

Prayers for all widows.  Letting things go is a good practice but hard to do.  Pink day.  Someone referred to bullying.  I was thinking more along the line of Breast Cancer.

I am not sure of what to make of the quote.  Maybe “Ignorance is bliss” ?????

I have not been to the port.

Last night, while browsing the HAL board I came across a reference to a book called Cabin Fever  the story of the plight of the Zandam at the beginning of the Pandemic.   I bought it and have it on my nook.  Have read the first chapter so far.  Interesting reading.  

I hope everyone has a good day.  It is supposed to go up to 100 degrees here today.  Another day to stay inside.

Take care everyone and God Bless.

Terri

And I was thinking gay since it’s gay pride week or month, not sure which.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I’m escaping from here (as in get me the H out of Dodge) for a long weekend.  It’s our anniversary tomorrow and I can’t do this one on my own, don’t think.  I’ve done my birthday, mother’s and father’s day but this is going to be too much.  Escaping to friends I haven’t seen in 4 years and other friends and my sister are joining us.

Good idea, Jacqui. You need a break. That’s a lot of firsts in a short time.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you sister and friends can help make this anniversary and weekend less painful.  Safe travels.

DH and I want to thank everyone for their support and good wishes.  He is doing well and has started doing the home exercises.  His walking has greatly improved, too.  This truly is the place to be in times of joy and times ofstrss and sorrow.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

So relieved.PCR is negative. I don’t know where Sam caught it but he’s pretty sick. He has something called COPD like disease and coughing isn’t helping him. The aide said she had a fever and Sam didn’t and her symptoms were different. Omicron is very contagious and I don’t think the vaccine is effective for it. My MD said they are coming out with a vaccine for Omecron in the fall. By then we will have another variant. Hard to stay ahead of this virus.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

35 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good idea, Jacqui. You need a break. That’s a lot of firsts in a short time.

♥️ thanks - I am a tad nervous that I’ll be a mess - it will be what it will be 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

P.S. @dfish I think a streak of teal would look lovely in that blond hair. 

I think you're right!   

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@dfish I like the blond hair, but thought your "color" showed bravery and confidence. I'm still thinking of making my somewhat white/blond memory hair into something teal.  Not all of it, just the bottom inch or so.  Kind of as if, I had laid down with my pony tail in a can of paint.  Oh well....maybe in two weeks.

Thanks.  I'm still debating.  My urologist liked it, too.  The medical assistant at my doctor's office asked if I was going to get it done again.  And my surgeon said he didn't think I was crazy.

You can do just the ends.  Kind of like this:

20220311_154909121_iOS.thumb.jpg.b5a3a115d6b6087596cce0414d72c37f.jpg

6 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Thanks Debbie, this is the same Dr that took a month to issue a new prescription for therapy. I have no other choice  as my hospital only has 1 Neurologist on staff.

There is really no excuse for taking a month for a script for therapy.  But, you are at their mercy.  

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Go and enjoy the company and the understanding.  Let it out.  Friends understand.

49 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

DH and I want to thank everyone for their support and good wishes.  He is doing well and has started doing the home exercises.  His walking has greatly improved, too.  This truly is the place to be in times of joy and times ofstrss and sorrow.

Good news!   

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

♥️ thanks - I am a tad nervous that I’ll be a mess - it will be what it will be 

Don't worry about being a mess.  That is what this weekend with sister and friends is for.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

It's a lovely sunny Friday, today is  a holiday day in honour of Matariki.   Our first Matariki holiday. 

Thanks for all the contributions to this Fleet and Daily thread.

Roy @rafinmd Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and many more in the future.

Colin @VMax1700 wishing you a very Happy Birthday, and many more in future, so fortunate to celebrate on board  a BHB. The cake looks delicious.

@kazu so sorry to read about your phone,  am pleased that you are to have a visit with your friends and sister. Wishing you safe travelling.

@Copper10-8 thanks for the humour today.

Best wishes  to all on the care list.

Stay safe, take care everyone, and wear your mask.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Good evening!  I'm late, very late, but have been trying to catch up with Daily family news -- just so much to comment on and I don't want to miss anyone but I probably will so please forgive me......

@VMax1700 -- Mr VMax!  Happy Birthday!! and on the Oosterdam, so wonderful!

@Quartzsite Cruiser -- Lenda, so good to hear that DH is home and doing exercises.  I worry that will be my DH someday, he has terrible back issues and it runs in his family, unfortunately.  Many family members have had back surgery including his sister. 

@StLouisCruisers -- Sandi, so happy you are out of covid jail and hoping DH is out as I type this.  Happy Birthday to your DD, it's mine also, she picked a lovely day to be born.

@kazu -- Jacqui, what a mess with your purse and phone!  Criminy!  I'm hoping you get your replacement very quickly and I'm sure you can transfer all info to your new phone even though the old one is damaged.  Have a great time on your long weekend.  It's okay to cry.  It's okay to have a heavy heart. 

@dfish -- Debbie, I love the blonde!

@Crazy For Cats -- Jake,  Bon Voyage!  And Happy Birthday to your DH!

@bennybear -- Brenda, I was saddened to read that your DH has a melanoma.  Hopefully it was caught early and he gets clear margins quickly.  I worked for a doctor once who repaired facial skin ca after Moh's surgery so I know how important it is to do a skin check. 

@grapau27 --  Graham

and

@VictOriann -- Ann

Graham, sorry I'm late in responding, but we did go through Heathrow.  It was horrible, but we made it on the plane to Phoenix thank goodness. 

I was really stressed out for about an hour after getting on the plane, even the flight attendants were concerned about me.  They kept asking me if I was okay --  WELL, no I wasn't okay, I ran just to get on that plane after being in an eternal security line going from terminal to terminal!  One commented about my blood pressure and that I could have a second glass of wine.  It just took me a long time to get over it, plus British Airways changed our seats on us but at least we were together (one in front of the other) at window seats.  AND then once on the plane, it didn't leave for another hour and a half!  Due to a "tug" that moves the plane from it's spot because it can't back up by itself.  Then worrying that we will miss our next connection.  Criminy!  Sorry, I'm just venting. I have some "not's" and some "do's" for the next international flight. 

Ann, don't stress too much about Heathrow, the one good thing is that they do have staff going through the security lines calling out flights and getting you pushed ahead if need be.  That's the only way we made it on our flight.

I know a lot has been said about the airlines but from this experience it seemed to be the airport staff or lack of and staffing issues.  We had many security check points that had numerous lanes, but only a few were open and many were closed, this with a long line of passengers, a really long line of passengers.  We got wrong information many times, getting in wrong lines and wondering if we were in the right line, finally realizing that we were in the wrong line then asking a uniformed airport agent where to be and getting wrong information, then asking again and then getting in the correct line.  Signage was horrible.  Sheesh!  To me that is not the airlines fault.  And I know we weren't the only passengers having problems.

I hope everyone has a good night and a super weekend!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

Sharon @Sharon in AZHappy birthday to you too!  June 24 is a lovely day to celebrate!

I’m sorry to hear about Heathrow. Especially since we have our flight home next Wednesday from there. It’s a Delta nonstop to Atlanta so that takes connection worries out but the long lines, lack of staffing and chances of cancellations can ruin your day!  

Probably won’t know about DH for a couple more hours. Will let everyone know. We’re in Trondheim today and the weather is nice. I hope we can take a walk around town. We were here once and really enjoyed it. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  I'm late, very late, but have been trying to catch up with Daily family news -- just so much to comment on and I don't want to miss anyone but I probably will so please forgive me......

@Quartzsite Cruiser -- Lenda, so good to hear that DH is home and doing exercises.  I worry that will be my DH someday, he has terrible back issues and it runs in his family, unfortunately.  Many family members have had back surgery including his sister. 

@StLouisCruisers -- Sandi, so happy you are out of covid jail and hoping DH is out as I type this.  Happy Birthday to your DD, it's mine also, she picked a lovely day to be born.

@kazu -- Jacqui, what a mess with your purse and phone!  Criminy!  I'm hoping you get your replacement very quickly and I'm sure you can transfer all info to your new phone even though the old one is damaged.  Have a great time on your long weekend.  It's okay to cry.  It's okay to have a heavy heart. 

@bennybear -- Brenda, I was saddened to read that your DH has a melanoma.  Hopefully it was caught early and he gets clear margins quickly.  I worked for a doctor once who repaired facial skin ca after Moh's surgery so I know how important it is to do a skin check. 

@grapau27 --  Graham

and

@VictOriann -- Ann

Graham, sorry I'm late in responding, but we did go through Heathrow.  It was horrible, but we made it on the plane to Phoenix thank goodness. 

I was really stressed out for about an hour after getting on the plane, even the flight attendants were concerned about me.  They kept asking me if I was okay --  WELL, no I wasn't okay, I ran just to get on that plane after being in an eternal security line going from terminal to terminal!  One commented about my blood pressure and that I could have a second glass of wine.  It just took me a long time to get over it, plus British Airways changed our seats on us but at least we were together (one in front of the other) at window seats.  AND then once on the plane, it didn't leave for another hour and a half!  Due to a "tug" that moves the plane from it's spot because it can't back up by itself.  Then worrying that we will miss our next connection.  Criminy!  Sorry, I'm just venting. I have some "not's" and some "do's" for the next international flight. 

Ann, don't stress too much about Heathrow, the one good thing is that they do have staff going through the security lines calling out flights and getting you pushed ahead if need be.  That's the only way we made it on our flight.

I know a lot has been said about the airlines but from this experience it seemed to be the airport staff or lack of and staffing issues.  We had many security check points that had numerous lanes, but only a few were open and many were closed, this with a long line of passengers, a really long line of passengers.  We got wrong information many times, getting in wrong lines and wondering if we were in the right line, finally realizing that we were in the wrong line then asking a uniformed airport agent where to be and getting wrong information, then asking again and then getting in the correct line.  Signage was horrible.  Sheesh!  To me that is not the airlines fault.  And I know we weren't the only passengers having problems.

I'm really sorry you had this Heathrow nightmare Sharon.

A lot of airline crew and airport staff were laid off due to the pandemic then suddenly in the UK all flight restrictions were lifted and there is a massive shortage of staff because they found new jobs elsewhere so until new staff can be found to cope with a massive demand there will be problems.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Graham.

• Like 5

Well testing was earlier than usual this morning. DH tells me he is still positive on Day 9!  The nurse says if he’s still positive on Day 10 they will still release him (so why not let him out today?).  The Doctor says if he is positive Day 10 he will be released on Day 11 , this Sunday. So who do you believe?  We’re both majorly disappointed. It’s such a nice day here in Trondheim!  I wanted to walk with him around town today. This is the place with the bike lift up a hill to the Fortress. 

I have a feeling cruising is not going to be a future priority for him. 😢. Not with Covid in the picture. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

26 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well testing was earlier than usual this morning. DH tells me he is still positive on Day 9!  The nurse says if he’s still positive on Day 10 they will still release him (so why not let him out today?).  The Doctor says if he is positive Day 10 he will be released on Day 11 , this Sunday. So who do you believe?  We’re both majorly disappointed. It’s such a nice day here in Trondheim!  I wanted to walk with him around town today. This is the place with the bike lift up a hill to the Fortress. 

I have a feeling cruising is not going to be a future priority for him. 😢. Not with Covid in the picture. 

I'm so sorry to hear your husband is still testing positive Sandi.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@grapau27 --  Graham

and

@VictOriann -- Ann

Happy birthday Sharon.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sharon @Sharon in AZHappy birthday to you too!  June 24 is a lovely day to celebrate!

I’m sorry to hear about Heathrow. Especially since we have our flight home next Wednesday from there. It’s a Delta nonstop to Atlanta so that takes connection worries out but the long lines, lack of staffing and chances of cancellations can ruin your day!  

Probably won’t know about DH for a couple more hours. Will let everyone know. We’re in Trondheim today and the weather is nice. I hope we can take a walk around town. We were here once and really enjoyed it. 

Sandi, thank you for the Birthday wishes!  If you originate at Heathrow you shouldn’t have a problem if you arrive early enough, our problems were mostly changing terminals for our connecting flights. We spoke with someone at our hotel in Barcelona who flew directly from Heathrow and he didn’t have any problems. I’m sorry about your DH still having to stay in isolation. It’s crazy that he’s still testing positive. Does he feel better?

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

A lot of airline crew and airport staff were laid off due to the pandemic then suddenly in the UK all flight restrictions were lifted and there is a massive shortage of staff because they found new jobs elsewhere so until new staff can be found to cope with a massive demand there will be problems.

Graham.

Well, that all makes sense and I hope it improves and that more people want jobs.  Yes, I feel better but still can’t sleep more than 4 hours. Thank you for the Birthday wishes!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I also heard on the news today that BA workers have called for a strike this summer.  Have you heard anything about that?

Roy

• Like 4

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I am so sorry that DH is still positive. I don’t think they are allowed to release before day 10 because of the way the CDC guidelines are written.  Not sure about waiting until Day 11 as the Doctor said.  We were told that if we tested positive on Day 5 we would have to wait until Day 10 to be released.  At least you were tested every day and released as soon as you were negative.  We did not have that option. 

Prayers for both of you.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@grapau27 --  Graham

and

@VictOriann -- Ann

Sharon,

I am so sorry you had that awful experience in Heathrow.  I try to avoid it like the plague.  This past trip we originally had FF tickets and had to fly through Heathrow.  I kept looking for good fares and found a decent fare.  I decided that it was worth paying for the tickets to avoid Heathrow all together.  Hence we were able to make a connection in Miami and fly non-stop to Barcelona and on the return we flew non-stop to Dallas and then to Jax.  It was a long flight but certainly worth avoiding the fiasco in Heathrow.  

Terri

• Like 8

For my next cruise, I transit AMS in both directions. Schiphol has been in an almost constant state of chaos, with long lines causing passengers to miss flights, and has ordered airlines to reduce boardings in July and August. The worst problems are at security, so it's mainly passengers originating travel at Amsterdam who are affected, not transit passengers, although there have also been delays at passport control in both directions for travel outside the Schengen Area. Some low-cost airlines are shifting flights to Rotterdam or Eindhoven, but flight cancellations are also expected. Flights to and from North American aren't likely to be cancelled, but connecting flights such as mine to and from CPH might be.

• Like 7