Odyssey Far East Cruise cancelled

adoctor

Just been informed that our cruise around Japan in April 2023 has been cancelled. Ship will be redeployed.

Two options from Seabourn .Select another Asian cruise and get $1000 OBC or refund and 10% off a new booking.

We will cancel.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Claypool said:

We have just been informed that all the China ports (Hong Kong and Xiamen) have been pulled from our Encore Southeast Asia cruise next February and the itinerary has been significantly changed. 

We were on the same cruise and based on the canceled ports and, IMO, radical change of the itinerary, we canceled.  Disappointed.  

Seabourn's solution to base everything around Singapore seems rather risky as they shut the door at a second's notice if anyone sneezes on the street.   Also, by sailing from Singers up to Saigon and back and around to Penang seems extremely dull.  This is still a rather fluid situation.  

5 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Seabourn's solution to base everything around Singapore seems rather risky as they shut the door at a second's notice if anyone sneezes on the street.   Also, by sailing from Singers up to Saigon and back and around to Penang seems extremely dull.  This is still a rather fluid situation.  

I would think that Hong Kong is the issue rather than Singapore. We are flying though Singapore soon and we are not concerned at all as I have been following the updates carefully.

Just done some research into the reworked cruise and can honestly say it's the worst itinerary I have come across - a series of container ports miles from the city you are supposed to be visiting.  Seabourn really have made a total mess of this and I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the whole thing. 

Sorry, I was referring back to Mrs Claypool's post about a cruise on the Encore which was to have sailed from Dubai to Singapore and then from Singapore to Hong Kong.  HK and Halong Bay are now cancelled and it's now a boring out-and-back from Singers. 

Edited by Fletcher

On 6/23/2022 at 6:52 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Seabourn appears to be staying away from Asia in 2023.  Odyssey will now be sailing the South Pacific route to Vancouver.   She won’t be sailing from Japan.   Seabourn is joining the other lines by avoiding Asia (and their COVID rules].

Covepointcruiser, could you post the new itinerary if you’ve got a moment. I haven’t been able to find it on the website.