ETIAS

Bin man

5 hours ago, Bin man said:

Will we have to apply for a 3 year ETIAS from January 2023 before we cruise to Europe? 

Prior to that there is the EU EES System (Entry Exit System) due to go live In November at airports and seaports. 

Edited by Snow Hill

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Prior to that there is the EU EES System (Entry Exit System) due to go live In November at airports and seaports. 

Is that the one where they take your fingerprints  but does not require filling in any online forms?

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Is that the one where they take your fingerprints  but does not require filling in any online forms?

Yes, taking of Biometric data including fingerprints, should eventually do away with passport stamps and will automatically keep a track of the 90 days in 180 days rule. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 1:49 PM, Bin man said:

Will we have to apply for a 3 year ETIAS from January 2023 before we cruise to Europe? 

If you sail from Southampton, probably not as you won’t be asked for you passport at any port in EU.  However if you fly to an EU country to embark, you will need one.

6 minutes ago, ElmaLee said:

If you sail from Southampton, probably not as you won’t be asked for you passport at any port in EU.  However if you fly to an EU country to embark, you will need one.

Who can say. We flew into Menorca and they stamped our passport. In Lanzarote they didn't 🤔.

We flew into Barcelona,  our passport was stamped.  Flew out of Athens, our passport was stamped.

But, our cruise visited Gib, so theoretically we were not in the EU for the entirity of our cruise. 

Bur, everything is logged digitally,  so passport stamps mean nothing. 

17 hours ago, davecttr said:

Don't worry about it now, it does not start until next year and the web site is not up yet

There are a few websites where you can join the queue. Just send your email and credit card details, they will do the rest. Sort out your driving licence and passport as well. Most seem to be foreign.🤔

• Haha 5

What if it gets rejected for whatever reason? And what if that rejection happens after you have made your final payment date?

And fwiw the decision to do brexit has now made it impossible for Brits to live on cruise ships and I believe a few did at least before Covid.

18 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Why?  Can't they get off in the UK for a day and get back on again?

No, because, assuming the ship is visiting Europe,  you are limited to a total of 90 days in any 180 period. Getting off does not "reset" the clock.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

What if it gets rejected for whatever reason? And what if that rejection happens after you have made your final payment date?

And fwiw the decision to do brexit has now made it impossible for Brits to live on cruise ships and I believe a few did at least before Covid.

What got rejected?🤔

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

No, because, assuming the ship is visiting Europe,  you are limited to a total of 90 days in any 180 period. Getting off does not "reset" the clock.

If you don’t get off does it still count towards the 90 days i.e the ship being docked in an EU port with you on board but you don’t disembark ?

Edited by paulatsea

1 minute ago, paulatsea said:

If you don’t get off does it still count towards the 90 days i.e the ship just being docked with you on board ?

Yes, because you are in European waters.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

The mere thought of being on a ship for 90 days - couldn't do that.

I would give it a try - if I could afford it.

Anyone here done this ? Like 90 days or more ? World cruise etc ? 

off topic I know .

Edited by paulatsea