Refund from unused OBC

lesnpatty

On 6/23/2022 at 12:30 PM, lesnpatty said:

Just FYI we got check for our refund from unused OBC 30 days after the cruise ended.

Was it for the full amount you expected? Many of us are only getting 75 per cent of the amount on our final billing from Princess for some unknown reason, me included.

We disembarked May 14 and I am still waiting for a refund. Not refundable OBC but purchased OBC with my own money. In the past it has frequently taken up to a month but we are at 6 weeks and counting now.

I also have a problem in that we used our FCD’s to book but the big box store agent forget to call Princess when booking to have the FCD’s applied. Thus we didn’t get $100 each off the booking price for using our FCD’s. Big Box store called right away after payment and the OBC for using FCD’s was applied but still no $100 each refund. Onboard the cruise the Future Cruise Consultant said oh they probably just gave you the OBC and left your FCD for future use but then as he looked it up he concluded “no they didn’t”. It was used and removed. Said to call Big Box store which I did and they said I would get an email about it from Princess within 5 days… 35-40 days ago now. At this point in time the $200 isn’t worth the hours on hold only to be cut off before the problem is resolved. Been there, done that too many times with this cruise.

3 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

big box store agent forget to call Princess when booking to have the FCD’s applied.

big box store's problem??

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

I saw on you tube a commentator saying unused onboard spend was carried forward by a future cruise credit.Is this only for travel agent gift or purchased cruise credit or does it now apply to any onboard credit,if so it is a major change as we have always been told the credit had to be spent on the cruise we were on?

I have never heard of carrying over OBC on Princess.

There are 2 kinds of OBC - refundable and non-refundable.  Charges to your account use non-refundable first.  Any non-refundable OBC left when cruise ends is lost unless spend onboard (spa, dining, bar, retail).  Any refundable OBC left at the end of the cruise is eventually refunded.

Edited by GloriaF

2 hours ago, GloriaF said:

I have never heard of carrying over OBC on Princess.

There are 2 kinds of OBC - refundable and non-refundable.  Charges to your account use non-refundable first.  Any non-refundable OBC left when cruise ends is lost unless spend onboard (spa, dining, bar, retail).  Any refundable OBC left at the end of the cruise is eventually refunded.

“Or is supposed to be refunded.” I explained earlier about the problems I have been having getting my refundable OBC refunded, when asked how I wanted my OBC returned (less 25  percent) they asked if I wanted it moved to my future cruise. I told them a check, of which I haven’t  received yet. So, who knows what changes have taken place behind closed doors. I am really concerned most about the 25 percent reduction that many of us seem to be getting.

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

big box store's problem??

Well initially but we realized the mistake literally in seconds after the cruise cost was processed and they were on the phone to Princess to rectify it. By the next day I could see the OBC associated with using a FCD to book so it was sorted. They said Princess would refund the $100 x2 which makes sense as the booking cost that shows up on credit card as “Princess Cruises” should have been $200 lower. But I have been back and forth a couple of times and keep hoping it will show up as a credit on my credit card soon as I can’t bear to try to call yet again!

I assume the excess OBC that I pre purchased will either go back to credit card or arrive as a cheque eventually. It usually took a month so I am not surprised if it takes a couple of months now. Not sure what the “less 25%” part is about but it better not apply to purchased OBC!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lovetravel63-65 said:

I saw on you tube a commentator saying unused onboard spend was carried forward by a future cruise credit.Is this only for travel agent gift or purchased cruise credit or does it now apply to any onboard credit,if so it is a major change as we have always been told the credit had to be spent on the cruise we were on?

The only "carry forward" I have ever seen is if I am on a B2B. Then any unused OBC is carried over to the second segment. At the end of the B2B, any unused non-refundable OBC is lost. (Not a problem for me as I can always manage to use it up somehow.)

4 hours ago, caribill said:

At the end of the B2B, any unused non-refundable OBC is lost. (Not a problem for me as I can always manage to use it up somehow.)

Can you donate the unused OBC to the crew? Sure I read that somewhere! 

6 hours ago, Esprit said:

Can you donate the unused OBC to the crew? Sure I read that somewhere! 

You can add it to the crew tip pool, but not to individual named crew members.

If it goes to the tip pool, the amount you donate will be shared among all those in the tip pool across the Princess fleet, not just the crew members on the ship you are on.  So if you donate about $200, about one or two cents would go to each eligible person on your ship.

On 6/27/2022 at 4:35 PM, nini said:

UPDATE: We just received our check for the remaining OBC. We were on the Emerald May 9-21.

We also just received a cheque for remaining OBC from our May 2-14 cruise. This was for pre-purchased OBC. 

On 6/25/2022 at 10:42 PM, AE_Collector said:

We disembarked May 14 and I am still waiting for a refund. Not refundable OBC but purchased OBC with my own money. In the past it has frequently taken up to a month but we are at 6 weeks and counting now.

I also have a problem in that we used our FCD’s to book but the big box store agent forget to call Princess when booking to have the FCD’s applied. Thus we didn’t get $100 each off the booking price for using our FCD’s. Big Box store called right away after payment and the OBC for using FCD’s was applied but still no $100 each refund. Onboard the cruise the Future Cruise Consultant said oh they probably just gave you the OBC and left your FCD for future use but then as he looked it up he concluded “no they didn’t”. It was used and removed. Said to call Big Box store which I did and they said I would get an email about it from Princess within 5 days… 35-40 days ago now. At this point in time the $200 isn’t worth the hours on hold only to be cut off before the problem is resolved. Been there, done that too many times with this cruise.

I disembarked May 28 and received full OBC on July 6

2 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

Used to be up to US$25 you could just get back from the Passenger Services Desk on the last night. So that is likely still the way it works. More than that you usually get a cheque in the mail…. Eventually.

I didn't know what a cut off might have been, interesting. Under $10 was my personal balance. : )

• Thanks 1