What's the best thing you've eaten on a Carnival cruise lately?

geochick73

I've cruised twice since April. There was an appetizer, Cured Salmon with candied tomato.  It was just melt in your mouth tender deliciousness.  I'm hoping they still have it when I cruise again in sept.. 

salmon.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

We really liked the shrimp tostadas on the lido buffet ….must be the Mexican food day?  I also liked the vegetarian Indian in MDR, and you can order ahead for the next evening and try the non-vegetarian Indian which we did on our last cruise and it was so delicious! The root vegetables in a pie crust was also a favorites, along with the grilled shrimps. For breakfast, in MDR, I like the Broken egg Sandwich.  The shrimp salad was also really good on the sea day brunch menu.

Thanks for the tip about the non-veg Indian dish...I'll definitely do this!

11 minutes ago, CruzCra-Z said:

I've cruised twice since April. There was an appetizer, Cured Salmon with candied tomato.  It was just melt in your mouth tender deliciousness.  I'm hoping they still have it when I cruise again in sept.. 

salmon.jpg

looks good...I'll keep an eye out for it!

Just back from Jun 10-20 on the Miracle

Some of the little things I loved:

Jalapeno hush puppies from the Lido buffet - only saw them available one time at lunch - absolutely delicious

Hot soup appetizers in the MDR - if two different hot soups were available on the menu, I'd order both - it wasn't just the unique flavors, the soups were always the best *smelling* items in the room

Guy's Burgers were as great as always, but I really enjoyed the chili available in the toppings station - seemed to have a bit more of a spice kick than usual - I heaped the chili on my seasoned fries more than once

Strawberry ice cream from the Swirls machines - only found it available one day - usually it's just chocolate or vanilla

• Like 1

The Gelato at lunch in the Lido buffet on the Panorama was wonderful.  They had two different flavors each day with lots of toppings you can add yourself.  The best part was you could go back as often as you wished.  Don't know if they have it on all ships. 

• Like 3

I was on a Pride journeys cruise recently, and they held a brunch in the steakhouse one day that was absolutely amazing!  I had Crabcake Benedict, some great pancakes, and a huge piece of carrot cake for dessert. It was a $25 upcharge.

I hope they expand that to other sailing and ships.

• Like 3

I agree that quality of Guy's Burgers has gone down.  But on a recent cruise with son-in-law who never had one before.  He thought the Ringer was still a pretty durn good burger. 

Regarding fruit bisques...How can you go wrong with a milkshake appetizer? I really look forward to those nights in the MDR. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I agree that quality of Guy's Burgers has gone down.  But on a recent cruise with son-in-law who never had one before.  He thought the Ringer was still a pretty durn good burger. 

Regarding fruit bisques...How can you go wrong with a milkshake appetizer? I really look forward to those nights in the MDR. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elklemi said:

The yogurt parfait in the MDR at breakfast is so good I now eat breakfast in MDR when it is open.

I agree. And if you go to the dining room for breakfast and order “house granola” it is a cup or bowl (depends on server I suppose) of mainly nuts, wonderful nuts, i always say no milk, very similar to nuts in yogurt parfait, the nuts are so unique and varied that if you purchased such a package in a store it would be very pricey. Love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the Breeze in June:

Brunch:  Salmon Salad and Avocado Toast were really good.

Buffet:  Nothing.  Meh.  No.

MDR:  Grilled Salmon is always superb IMO.  This time the Baked Alaska was very good. (WCMC sucked bigly).  Some of the soups (mushroom, etc) were also very good.

Italian Restaurant (lunch): Lasagna

Guys:  Bring your Tums.

Anchor BBQ:  Cooking poor quality meat until it is tender still results in poor quality meal.

Pizza:  Only if you are hungry.

Deli:  Grilled Cheese and Turkey sandwiches are good.  Everything else...meh.

Blue E/Seafood Shack/Steakhouse:  Did not partake.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:49 AM, newpherchris said:

...I often order the cheese platter dessert as an appetizer. 

What an excellent idea! I have to be gluten free and sometimes there is just not much that interests me for appetizers

• Like 3

On 6/23/2022 at 10:20 PM, Saint Greg said:

I got that recipe if anyone wants it.

Strawberry Bisque for 4 - 6 persons

INGREDIENTS

Strawberry IQF 16 oz.
Ice cream vanilla bulk 6 oz.
Cream heavy fresh 3 oz.
Creamer half & half 10 oz.
Sour cream 1 tsp
Mint fresh for garnish
Salt & pepper pinch to enhance flavor
Sugar white granulated to taste

PROCEDURE
• Blend strawberries to a smooth paste.
• Combine all ingredients together (Strawberry puree | ice
cream | heavy cream | milk | sour cream) with stick blender.
Adjust consistency & check seasoning. Refrigerate
• Serve in chilled soup cups and garnish with mint sprig as
illustrated

OMG! My lactose intolerant digestive system is screaming just reading the recipe! I guess that's a big NO for me. (Though for some reason I do ok with cheese)

Edited by land64shark
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, geochick73 said:

We don’t have a steakhouse on the ship, but I’m wondering if it is worth it to order the lobster in the MDR and just pay the fee.

I did order the lobster and filet for the upcharge in the MDR on a short cruise.  I thought it was good, and cheaper than going to the steakhouse even when you have one.  On a week long cruise you will get the lobster on one of the formal nights I think, but the filet itself was good. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, farjar said:

The Gelato at lunch in the Lido buffet on the Panorama was wonderful.   Don't know if they have it on all ships. 

It is delicious and only available on Vista Class ships: Vista, Horizon and Panorama.

Gelato 2.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman

On 6/24/2022 at 11:44 AM, CruzCra-Z said:

salmon.jpg

I had this on Splendor recently and should have ordered seconds. Absolutely delicious!

• Like 1

I was on the Splendor last month.  The soups - broccoli and cheese, mushroom, clam chowder were all wonderful.  Several appetizers - cured salmon, stuffed mushrooms, spring rolls, baked meatballs, crab cake were delicious.  As for main courses - brisket and prime rib were my favourites.  

On the flip side, the fried chicken was over cooked and the salmon in puff pastry had an undercooked bottom crust and the top crust was soggy from the sauce.  I had the eggs Benedict for breakfast in the MDR and the English would have disavowed any connection to the muffin.  It was hard as a rock, burned around the edges and I gave up trying to cut through it.

Edited by Luckysll
  • Haha 1

Was just on the Valor for 5 days. Second what others have said about the hot soups. The broccoli cheese and poblano corn soups were incredible. From the Deli, the buffalo chicken sandwich was really good, but you have to get extra hot sauce and add pickles. 

I had a Blue Iguana burrito every day and it was always delicious. 

Guys Burgers and the new fries were awful. The burgers were charred to a crisp and had zero flavor.