Baltimore Transfer

Morebeer

Found out today from John Healds facebook page Carnival does not offer transfer back to BWI Baltimore airport. Sailing on Carnival Legend disembarking 9/11/22. Since Carnival does not offer service suggestions for easiest transfer back to Baltimore airport most appreciated. Thank You. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Morebeer said:

Since Carnival does not offer service suggestions for easiest transfer back to Baltimore airport most appreciated.

Uber/Lyft will give you the highest quality on demand option. Baltimore taxis are few in number and not very nice. 

While bus route 71 does pass by the Maryland Cruise Terminal, and it travels direct to the Patapsco station of the light rail system (which serves BWI airport), the traffic authorities elected not to have any bus stops at the cruise terminal. So absent a half-mile walk from the cruise terminal to the closest bus stop, on Key Highway at East Fort Avenue (which some people not seeking "easy" might do), there is no other scheduled bus service available for the transfer. For an "easy" transfer you are likely compelled to use taxi or TNC service.

9 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Really? Baltimore taxis are embarrassing for how low quality they are. Bunch of old retired police cruisers. 

As opposed to what city with nice taxis ...? Taxis get by in being (at times) more convenient, but that's about it.

3 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

As opposed to what city with nice taxis ...? Taxis get by in being (at times) more convenient, but that's about it.

London. London has exceptional taxis that are arguably better than some black cars in the US. New York taxis aren't awful. Baltimore and DC have traditionally had really old and ratty taxis. 

I just disembarked on Saturday (June 25th).  I didn't see any taxis waiting in the pick up area.  Plenty of people were waiting on ubers.  I did see 2 Academy buses that honestly I thought was from Carnival.  I did notice KD Elite Transportation had a couple of vans picking up people. I had arranged a private shuttle but I was going back to Montgomery County not the airport.  Uber would be my recommendation especially since it is so difficult to plan your time.

6 hours ago, sbc234 said:

I did see 2 Academy buses that honestly I thought was from Carnival.

So were the Academy coaches doing a charter for Carnival or otherwise? I didn't think the company was doing any regular line work to the Maryland Cruise Terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 2:14 PM, sbc234 said:

I just disembarked on Saturday (June 25th).  I didn't see any taxis waiting in the pick up area.  Plenty of people were waiting on ubers.  I did see 2 Academy buses that honestly I thought was from Carnival.  I did notice KD Elite Transportation had a couple of vans picking up people. I had arranged a private shuttle but I was going back to Montgomery County not the airport.  Uber would be my recommendation especially since it is so difficult to plan your time.

Buses are charters for groups.  There are always buses at Baltimore but they are for groups that have chartered them.  Some are travel agency groups and some are just other groups.  Our last cruise on Enchantment, there was a large AAA group and they had a couple of buses.  

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 5:34 AM, GTJ said:

While bus route 71 does pass by the Maryland Cruise Terminal, and it travels direct to the Patapsco station of the light rail system (which serves BWI airport), the traffic authorities elected not to have any bus stops at the cruise terminal. So absent a half-mile walk from the cruise terminal to the closest bus stop, on Key Highway at East Fort Avenue (which some people not seeking "easy" might do), there is no other scheduled bus service available for the transfer. For an "easy" transfer you are likely compelled to use taxi or TNC service.

Thankyou