Pre cruise testing

lovelyjubbly

I believe it has to be a 'clinic' administered  test  with a certificate issued afterwards.  We have used Express Test drive thru at Gatwick Airport  for Antigen tests and they have issued the certificates to our email addresses within 40 minutes.  I think some branches of Lloyds pharmacies are also able to offer Antigen tests.

There has been much discussion about this in a thread "Will pre cruise testing end on Azamara soon?" and there are inconsistencies between what Azamara is saying on its website versus its emails versus its cruise tickets.

I have just done my online check-in for a July cruise on Onward and got another different message, this time stating that at home tests are OK only if they are proctored. For those of us speaking British English this means a test supervised by a health professional.

• Haha 2

We got Antigen tests carried out by a health professional on the morning of embarkation in Lisbon. The results were emailed one hour later and were readily accepted at the port. Our test was carried out at 10.00am and we boarded the ship at 1.30pm.

4 hours ago, lovelyjubbly said:

New to Azamara and sailing onboard Onward in July.

Can anyone tell me what’s needed regarding pre cruise testing. Is it self administered LFT via Randox or the like OR a clinic administered test?

Many thanks 😊 

Hello fellow Nailsea resident 🙂…didn’t think I would ever type that on cruisecritic!

It is safest to assume the test needs to be supervised or you could end up having to take a $59 test at the port!
Where are you sailing from?  Some ports (eg Athens) are applying their own rules and the Azamara website is contradictory and/or inaccurate!

Having read about people’s experiences in Athens, I’d get my test done as late as possible before embarkation, if embarking from Athens. There is nothing on the FCO website advice for Greece particular to cruising, but in Athens, they have been very twitchy about accepting tests done sooner than embarkation day.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Just checked in for our France intensive cruise the end of August, and Azamara states that a proctored test is acceptable 

How did you check in? I am also on a mid August sailing and check in is not available. Others have not been able to check in only a few weeks prior to their sailing date. Please confirm. 

4 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

How did you check in? I am also on a mid August sailing and check in is not available. Others have not been able to check in only a few weeks prior to their sailing date. Please confirm. 

You can expect check-in to open about 30-35 days before cruise. I just checked in for a cruise in late July. Actually, I rechecked in. Someone on another topic had posted a back door link to check in several months ago and I did it then. However, someone else posted that that link would not work because of the changes at Azamara. But, when I went to the "official" check-in tab there was my info already filled in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porkpie421 said:

We were on Pursuit 7 June sailing from Lisbon. We did click and collect LFT tests from ExpressTest at Gatwick (£12 each) and they were accepted on boarding the next day.

I looked at that option but it seemed it wasn’t a supervised test - am I reading it wrong?  I just want to do it right and do it once. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I looked at that option but it seemed it wasn’t a supervised test - am I reading it wrong?  I just want to do it right and do it once. 

Having looked as a result of “PirateWife” posting I’m reading the same in that the “click & collect” is not supervised.  We’re looking to get something sorted for our July 10 sailing (flying from Gatwick, 9 July) but want to meet the criteria to avoid potential boarding issues and double costs.

Regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

The certificate says it is a self-test but does not say it is unsupervised (or supervised).  As I say it was accepted at the pier in Lisbon without query.

Just joined the Journey in Athens today with LFT test from Chronomics which was done at 4pm yesterday and printed out resultant certificate from their lab. Certificate was scrutinised at check in and accepted without issue.   We used the same provider on our recent Onward maiden voyage again without any issues There were a lot of people having tests done at check in. 

Edited by Azamarajunkie

We are on Onward in August flying from Heathrow terminal 5 We are booked into Sofihotel the night before our flight and wondered if anyone has updated information about where we can get a test 

The Sofitel Heathrow has a “test & rest” option.  Looked at it ourselves (for Gatwick) but the price left me “coughing n spluttering”!   
As your room is already booked I suspect they could just add the test element and worth emailing them the question.

Regards

We’ll be on Onward in two weeks time. I have ordered video-supervised lateral flow tests from DocHQ dot co dot uk. They seem to have good reviews and we have a video appointment at 8am before we leave for Heathrow. Costs GBP 21 each with an easily locatable discount code. I’ll report back when we get onboard.

11 hours ago, Azamarajunkie said:

Just joined the Journey in Athens today with LFT test from Chronomics which was done at 4pm yesterday and printed out resultant certificate from their lab. Certificate was scrutinised at check in and accepted without issue.   We used the same provider on our recent Onward maiden voyage again without any issues There were a lot of people having tests done at check in. 

We just got off Journey yesterday and were told your cruise had a fairly small number on board. Also heard rumors that an official Greek Health Officer would be onboard and that masking would be strictly enforced. Wondering if it was due to positive COVID’s onboard…

22 hours ago, DaveA said:

We’ll be on Onward in two weeks time. I have ordered video-supervised lateral flow tests from DocHQ dot co dot uk. They seem to have good reviews and we have a video appointment at 8am before we leave for Heathrow. Costs GBP 21 each with an easily locatable discount code. I’ll report back when we get onboard.

Would definitely be interested in the outcome of this. Feeling the stress already 😔

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 8:15 AM, DaveA said:

Hi Dave

First time posted!!  Thanks for the information here.  We are travelling on Onward at the end of July and will be staying in Istanbul for a couple of days before boarding so it would be fab to understand if the testing process worked and you get onboard safely.

Have a fantastic break.

Russ

We had our video-supervised tests this morning. A single appointment at 8am for the two of us and the certificates were in our Inbox at 8.19. Very straightforward. The certificates make clear the tests were supervised. More importantly, we are both negative so we're off to join Onward!

• Like 5