Pre cruise testing

lovelyjubbly

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

My husband had a tummy upset on Azamara & asked the medics for help. He was isolated in his cabin until the symptoms had stopped for 24 hours. He could order room service, but they would only serve him food on the medically approved list- plain chicken, plain potatoes, consommé soup & jelly. I decided to stay with him and could have anything I liked from room service.

I had a similar situation. I was quarantined, but husband was not. It turned out to be just an upset stomach, not Noro, so I was feeling fine by dinner. I got him to order my room service meal so I was able to have exactly what I wanted. I sent him out to bring me back a cocktail, too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

I had a similar situation. I was quarantined, but husband was not. It turned out to be just an upset stomach, not Noro, so I was feeling fine by dinner. I got him to order my room service meal so I was able to have exactly what I wanted. I sent him out to bring me back a cocktail, too!

A live-in butler!

• Haha 2

Adding a fourth to the above three - 24 hours isolation - or if symptoms persist it would be longer. Checked by medical personnel (via phone) prior to being set free.

Pre-covid there was also FCC for the cruise time lost, proportionate to daily far paid.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Adding a fourth to the above three - 24 hours isolation - or if symptoms persist it would be longer. Checked by medical personnel (via phone) prior to being set free.

Pre-covid there was also FCC for the cruise time lost, proportionate to daily far paid.

Yes we both got a days FCC

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 3:48 AM, federalexpress said:

I've never had norovirus onboard a cruise ship but I'm not sure it's a good analogy with Covid. Do cruise lines order you to stay in your cabin or just advise you to? Moreover this illness is generally over in a couple of days and if you have it, you might not wish to leave your cabin anyway! With Covid, you may have few if any symptoms, feel well enough to go about your business, but still be restricted to your cabin, and typically it will be for many, many more days, most likely the vast majority of your cruise. I'm not sure it would be accepted without too many complaints if it were commonplace. It would certainly make me re-consider whether cruises were a sensible option. It's a very tricky issue for cruise lines, no obvious solutions.

We were onboard a cruise with a whole lot of noro!  Hubby had symptoms and he was told to stay in his room 24 hours as they didn’t think it was noro, it wasn’t.  Others were required 3 days.  Our room was cleaned, sort of.  I was allowed to leave. No change of rooms.  We received a refund of one day for one passenger.  The room steward did check on hubby, I think if he had been missing he would not have received a refund.