Live from the Mardi Gras 6/25, is the third time the charm

jimbo5544

6 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We heard from one of the bartenders that we're not quite at capacity, but we're close.

We're hanging out right in front of the outside bar there today!

Wish I-had seen this earlier.  

So….. lots going on today, our first sea day.  Up early and did our normal walk and saw a great sunrise.  Had breakfast at pig and anchor and spent morning at Summer Landing pool.  Lunchtime we went to guys.  Saw how

many people there was on the ship for the first time, very crowded.  

After lunch we went to the Havana pool.  Was expecting it to be mobbed, while there was people there there was room.  Spent the afternoon at the Havana Pool Area.  

• Like 6

The day before when we were having something to eat after embarking, we were approached by a staff member who explained they were looking for people who would get the meal for the first formal night at chibang as opposed to the Palm restaurant where we were assigned for dining.  This was a first for us and I assume was because of how many people were on board.  Our group was mainly experienced cruisers and they agreed.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The deal as that you could have lobster as well as regular chibang menu.  Our dinner time was 7:30

On our MG cruise in March you could do the same, but they said no prime rib there, so we passed.

My wife is not really a fan of either Mexican or Asian food so we had not been to Thabang before. So I was kind of looking forward to this opportunity. As Blerk mentioned it was only lobster not prime rib as an add-on I got Asian food it was good but the sampling size was fairly small.  We did have a very enjoyable time together. After that we headed down to pigeon anchor to watch the Stanley Cup game six. Being a range of him I enjoyed the outcome of that as well. After that we headed up to bed.

• Like 1

Glad to see you back on board.  Will be curious as to how you found the Havana cabins and deck vs Summer Landing, which I like too.   Hope that trumpet player is still on in January, love horn rock bands and good jazz.

Sorry your flight was rough and landed late.  Good thing it wasn't cancelled, though.

Get a Vieux Carre from the Brass Magnolia.  But resist the more difficult cocktails at Fortune Teller when they are busy.  You'll feel like they should have given you a buzzer and let you walk around the ship, have a couple at Alchemy while waiting.😉

• Like 1

Just spent an hour in the havana pool, total of 4 people. Better half doing a Carnival Kitchen Pizza making class, should be back soon.  Grab a bite and then our entire group is doing an oldie but goldie.  Cozumel Fury Catamaran, snorkel and beach break.. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

B0966D72-A4D0-4EB1-8B01-F5B4ADA1807F.jpeg

18907BCD-A2F2-46B5-B2C6-0EBD364C9475.jpeg

BB65E833-6A78-4E20-9D5A-ABBDBB6E350B.jpeg

47CAB4B1-7189-4E57-ACBF-982571168640.jpeg

That pool picture. Funny story last week when coming back onboard in San Juan there was a lady wearing a bright yellow bikini in that pool leaning up against the glass. That’s the first thing you saw when you looked at the ship. Not sure if she didn’t realize everyone getting back onboard saw her backside or if that’s what she wanted lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1