The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 24th, 2022

richwmn

Today is International Fairy (or Faery) Day, National Food Truck Day, and Take Your Dog to Work Day

A day without laughter is a day wasted.--Nicolas Chamfort

Meal Suggestion for today - Fish Head Curry
Drink of the Day - Pina Punch
wine of the Day - Husch 2019 Estate Bottled Pinot Noir (Anderson Val
Destination of the Day - Alter Do Chao, Brazil

Eurodam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 06/25

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Bergen, Norway 08:00 - 17:00

Noordam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Oosterdam

Trieste, Italy 08:00 -

Rotterdam

Eidfjord, Norway 10:00 AM To 8:00 PM

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island, Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Bar Harbor, Maine 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Tracy Arm & Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0624World.thumb.png.5da0364451a1d367ab7f137715bb757a.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

Happy Friday!

Another cool morning, only 8C but supposed to get to the low 30s this afternoon.

I don't think I've ever seen a faerie or fairy or faery.  I like food trucks.  I don't go to work and Bertie Woofster is with me.

I love the quote.

I think I'll pass on the meal suggestion.  The drink sounds good.  I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I've never been to today's port, thanks in advance for the pictures.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope everyone can find something to laugh about.

Stay safe.

• Like 29

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Like the quote.

Pass on the food and drink.

Copper had a nice thread yesterday on the old Westerdam, she was a beautiful ship and our first HAL cruise was with her back in 1997, unfortunately she has reached her final destination at the breakers.

Off to the Golf Course, earlier tee time today.

Thanks for The Daily, stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Happy Friday everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Hats off to fairy’s and food trucks.  No dog to take to work with me.  I like the quote for most days but sometimes it doesn’t apply. I think I’ll pass on the meal suggestion but the drink sounds nice.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!🎉

• Like 26

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s fleet report.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion but I wouldn’t mind lunch or dinner from a good food truck.  It was so nice to cancel two weeks worth of meetings yesterday!  Everyone was warned that if I passed my test I’m out.  Today’s project in between meetings is to finish the prep work for the pet sitter.  I do like today’s quote, the cats seem to give me a reason to smile and laugh each day.
 @kazu safe journeys and I’m glad you’ll have friends around you this weekend.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 27

Thank you for the TGIF report, Rich.  No dog and not really work to take one to anyway.  Fairies are a myth with a great history.  Interesting that there's a food truck day.  Many Methodist related churches are using "Food Truck Party" as their theme for Vacation Bible School this year.  Love the Chamfort quote.  I know I've been to Alter Do Chao on the Prinsendam.  Will pass on the fish head curry.  My alternative is Chilled Lingonberry Soup and Prime Rib of Beef au Jus as served on MS Prinsendam May 25, 2015.

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer DH Nephew Curt with serious mowing accident and continuing complications
StLouisCruisers DH in Covid jail another day
Melinda with stage 4 cancer
Tana with new pneumonia
Sam suffering Covid complications
Heartgrove brother recovering from PEG insertion
Covid in Durango shelter staff
Kazu first anniversary without Jose
From the rotation:

Bennybear DH with melanoma
1Angelcat’s Jaguar with untreatable cancer
StLouisSal with weakening legs and covid
Cruzin Terri with continuing hand problems

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home Dobiemom
jayhawk66 in NC Mountains beating the heat
Happy birthday StLouisCruisers DD and SharoninAZ
New home prospects for Tika
Slow improvement for buddy
Cruising-along visit from DGS’s
7 days for me (QM2 July 1 to 😎
1 day for Crazy for Cats (Zaandam 6/25 to 7/9)
Welcome home Lady Hudson
VMAX (Oosterdam to 6/25),  StLouisCruisers, Red Haired Lady and kb4683(Island Princess  to 6/29) and  Norseh2o  (Insignia to 7/4) at sea
Vacationing Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 13

Over the last few hours I have received several messages that appear to be from Facebook with a code to reset my account password. First, I didn't request the reset. Second the emails came to two email accounts that I didn't use to set up Facebook.
Everyone be careful about clicking on links in your emails and on social media.
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 17

I found two recipes for today's drink.

Pina Punch:

Ingredients
1 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
1 part Pinnacle® Pineapple Vodka
1 part Mango Juice
3 parts Pineapple Juice
Splash
Mango Slice
Pineapple Slice

Instructions
Pour all ingredients into a punch bowl over ice. Stir well and garnish with a pineapple and mango slices.

Ingredients
1 part Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Blueberry Schnapps Liqueur
1/2 part Simple Syrup
1/2 part Lime Juice
2 parts Pineapple Juice

Instructions
Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake. Strain into glass over ice and serve.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 7.12.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 7.12.30 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Good Friday Morning!  I'm off to my endocrinologist today to get yelled at for being the worlds worst patient.  I always have the best intentions, but life and poor excuses keep me from being the best I can be.  I am not going to work when I get home, I am actually really just going to take the day off.

I have always thought that cats can see what humans cant.  Something about the chemical make up of their brains.

abce0b6b6086305eed79d4537fbf488c.jpg

May-your-coffee-be-strong-and-your-friday-short-cat-meme-7568.png

b40986c42362837d06bb0a82c7634f5e.jpg

Stay cool.  Dont stay out in the sun too long, wear your masks when you are with others, and have a great day!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good afternoon.

It is currently 75°F and sunny but rain is due this afternoon.

I woke up this morning and for the first time in months my right knee was not painful after the steroid injection yesterday.

Walking up and down stairs is okay with a slight pain on movement.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

A very good quote today.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Prayers for Sandi's @StLouisCruisers husband that he tests negative tomorrow to get out of quarantine and for everyone on the care list.

Graham 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

A very early good morning!  It’s 4:30 am here. Still can’t sleep more than 4 hours, so instead of tossing and turning I decided to read the Daily. 

@grapau27 Graham, so happy that you are better after your injection!  Great news. 

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily Rich! Today is already a warm humid mess.  Last evening a storm to the South and 10 minutes of rain made it a bit more bearable. Guess that didn’t last long. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites! Things are back to normal here, though the house feels empty. Bindi keeps going to “The Boys” room to see if she can find them. 😎 I will say that cocoa brown carpeting does not hide loose litter well. 

Heading off to the gym. Then I am on the hunt for some frozen mini pastry shells to use for hors d’oevres tomorrow evening. My Publix is out of them. I may have to rethink what I bring to my friend’s get together. 

C79B5979-E1B8-4F2A-B9A2-893D25906C45.jpeg.2540afda06035e7eaa48c1afd1075259.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @kazu hoping your getaway brings you some comfort. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Husch 2019 Estate Bottled Pinot Noir

I would like to taste this wine. I gravitate towards fuller bodied PN. But I am always searching for another good wine. Several online distributors with prices starting at $21.99.

93 Wine Enthusiast 

Elegant and luxuriously smooth, this finely balanced wine pairs ripe and round black-cherry and spice flavors with tangy underlying acidity for great balance. Mild tannins add to the sense of palate-cleansing freshness and help create a lingering finish. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is currently 75°F and sunny but rain is due this afternoon.

I woke up this morning and for the first time in months my right knee was not painful after the steroid injection yesterday.

Walking up and down stairs is okay with a slight pain on movement.

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Rich.

A very good quote today.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Prayers for Sandi's @StLouisCruisers husband that he tests negative tomorrow to get out of quarantine and for everyone on the care list.

Graham 

The day after a steroid injection  is so amazing.I am very happy that the pain is less.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone.

It is a cold start to the day today - 55F but sunny and bright.  It will end up being a very nice day.  Nothing on tap today other than my morning laps and the pool later this morning.  

Today's meal is interesting, but I doubt I'll be running out to buy fish heads to make it.  I think I'm going with Roy's alternative meal today.   I'm sure the Fish Head Curry is flavorful, but I lose my appetite thinking of fish eyes staring at me.  Or, what if they fall out of the fish head and into the curry?  Would I be able to find them to fish them out?  Well, here is the first recipe for those who are brave enough to try it.  https://www.nyonyacooking.com/recipes/fish-head-curry~HyPIdPjvf5-Q

469820157_fishheadcurry1.jpg.85b4d40bcfc7a38b73ef42582dd4ee44.jpg

Ok, this next one says go ahead and substitute fish fillets for the head.  Now, that I may try.  https://www.foodelicacy.com/fish-head-curry/

1028425301_fishheadcurry2.thumb.jpg.f5463de469f786052b4c8f45924588fd.jpg

And we have one more to choose from.  I think I'd like the sauce on a nice fillet.  https://www.thespruceeats.com/fish-head-curry-3030407

446891372_fishheadcurry3.thumb.jpg.c86dd22579eb8f73156094e0e1a6ec4d.jpg

Thanks, Rich, for keeping the meal of the day interesting!

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine, victims of gun violence, and our Daily family members struggling with challenges.  May this weekend be the cathartic @kazu Jacqui needs to continue healing.  Special prayers for Tana, Buddy, Curt, and @Heartgrove Jack's DB.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.  Wishing a Bon Voyage to all those embarking on a BHB.  I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1

Good  morning from a humid and warm environment  today.I encountered a lot of dogs and their owners  early today as it gets just too hard to walk in the "soup" later.

We try to have a good laugh around here most days and usually succeed. I had a great Aunt who told us many stories involving fairies and kept us entertained as children.I think my dog Fred goes to work with me every  day and I appreciate  his help.

The Graduation  took place outside and  was very nice.DH stayed with Tana and they watched on the computer.DD and I shed a few tears and remembered the day our young man was born.I can always count on her to be sentimental with me.

I think there would be a revolt here if fish heads appeared on the table.We will have to come up with something later.

I got this picture  last night of Camilla and her Grandpa.

IMG_3226.JPEG

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1