The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 24th, 2022

richwmn

The lemonade pie was a success.  At first, DH said it was good, but after the second bite, he amended it to very good.  Even using the extra creamy Cool Whip, the pie was very light and refreshing.  It would be good with the graham cracker crust, but we thought the Oreo crust added just the right touch of sweetness to the pie.

@mamaofami  Carol, that is good news the PCR test was negative.  Even though Sam can't be there, I hope you enjoy your birthday.

@USN59-79  Ray, glad you can go longer between shots.  I hope you are right and the shots are curing you.

@marshhawk  Ann, DH likes Spam, and would fry it when he was in colege.  When we've been in Hawaii, he would have it for breakfast with his eggs.

DH reminded me that we have been in Alter do Chao on our Amazon cruise on the old Regal Princess.  The port that day was Satarem, but our taxi drove through Alterndo Chao and we stopped at the church.  My pictures are similar to the ones @Vict0riann Ann posted earlier.

Yesterday, we noticed gas prices at at least two statioms had dropped another 24 cents per gallon.  Wonder if they will go up again for the July 4th weekend.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15

Wow!  I am beyond overwhelmed by all the Birthday wishes from my Daily friends. Thank you so much!  You all are the best!  I’m having a great Birthday. Craig took me to lunch. Our favorite pizza place closed, they never recovered after the shutdown, so we went to our second favorite place. 

Mine is called the Tuscany. Sausage, portobello mushrooms, onions, fennel, olives. 

6AACB25C-1441-46FF-9E54-A450E62D6B58.thumb.jpeg.a25a06e110436b4e54838706b6aa848f.jpeg

Craig’s usual Margherita. 

811776F1-D8DD-4B8F-B2FE-8345F128A2D8.thumb.jpeg.9a680ae9d01c14636fefe99b5ec660c0.jpeg

@USN59-79 Can you explain about your eye meds?  Are you taking a tablet along with the regular injections?  My DH has it and I’m curious. It runs in his family, some have it worse than others, so it might not be the same type as yours. Right now he’s on special vitamins. BTW, I would love to try fish head soup, just never had the opportunity. But I think I’d skip eating the eyes. I’ve heard that the meat in the fish cheeks is really good. 

@marshhawk & @dfish — I like Spam but I don’t eat it very often. It’s good in fried rice. I also love love love those little Vienna sausages in the little can. I try not to eat those too often either.  When I was a child my DM would make me a Vienna sausage sandwich on buttered soft white bread.  Yum. I’ve tried Vegamite, but it’s not my thing. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 14

I like Spam and Marmite, not so much Vegemite, but that's an Ozzie thing.  My DSIL, who lives in Australia, stocks up on Marmite whenever they go to England, she won't touch Vegemite!

Both a good source of salt!

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 9

This thread is quite  busy today.  The Matariki (Maori new year)celebrations around the country seem to be successful.  Most of the country had clear skies to view the  stars.

@Vict0riann thanks for the photos of today's port, we have not been to Brazil.

@Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday.

@Crazy For Catsand @jimgev Bon Voyage, have  fabulous cruises  Safe travelling..

@smitty34877 thanks for sharing the delightful photo of Camilla with her Grandpa.

@StLouisCruisers sorry that your DH is still testing positive.

@JazzyV pleased that you sought help for your leg promptly, hope that the antibiotic helps.

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the photo of the Lemonade Pie, makes me quite determined to find the ingredients, is the lemonade concentrate sweetened?

As Roy @rafinmd says it would be a dull world if we all liked the same things.

Re Vegemite, I eat a little most days, during our last cruise on Maasdam, after  the first morning at breakfast the waiters would automatically bring me a little jar of vegemite.   During the "Down under" cruises HAl  has supplies of vegemite available. The sodium content is 3300 mg per 100 grams. It is a product to use sparingly. My present jar contains 250g,  whichl lasts for months.

Say safe, take care everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, erewhon said:

This thread is quite  busy today.  The Matariki (Maori new year)celebrations around the country seem to be successful.  Most of the country had clear skies to view the  stars.

@Vict0riann thanks for the photos of today's port, we have not been to Brazil.

@Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday.

@Crazy For Catsand @jimgev Bon Voyage, have  fabulous cruises  Safe travelling..

@smitty34877 thanks for sharing the delightful photo of Camilla with her Grandpa.

@StLouisCruisers sorry that your DH is still testing positive.

@JazzyV pleased that you sought help for your leg promptly, hope that the antibiotic helps.

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the photo of the Lemonade Pie, makes me quite determined to find the ingredients, is the lemonade concentrate sweetened?

As Roy @rafinmd says it would be a dull world if we all liked the same things.

Re Vegemite, I eat a little most days, during our last cruise on Maasdam, after  the first morning at breakfast the waiters would automatically bring me a little jar of vegemite.   During the "Down under" cruises HAl  has supplies of vegemite available. The sodium content is 3300 mg per 100 grams. It is a product to use sparingly. My present jar contains 250g,  whichl lasts for months.

Say safe, take care everyone.

The pink lemonade frozen concentrate is sweetened.  When I looked it up on the grocery store site, the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, and another further down the list is simple sugar.  The lemonade was not overly sweet, but it wasn't really tart either.  The lemonade is not a major ingredient at 6 ounces, but it does provide the lemonade flavor.  Regular lemonade might not be as sweet.

It is about the easiest pie I've ever made since I used a store bought crust.  All you have to do is mix the ingredients and put the filling in the crust.

I'm very glad @ger_77 Gerry shared her recipe with the Daily.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

@Sharon in AZ asked for specifics on my eye treatment.  Three months ago they started using a new drug, Vabysmo for the injection.  The drugs used in the past were Eylea (27 times) and Beovu (3 times). In order to avoid glaucoma, or high eye pressure, I use a drop of Latanoprost in each eye at night.  And for general eye health, I take two capsules of an AREDS 2 formulation each day.  I buy the AREDS 2 from Costco.  It happens to be on sale this month.  Hope this helps.

Ray

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all.

I just am not able to post tonight.  I am upset about many things and would rather not post about them.  

God bless all of you  and God bless our country.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Terri

100% agree.  Very worried today. 

Edited by Kurtybee123
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening to all.

I just am not able to post tonight.  I am upset about many things and would rather not post about them.  

God bless all of you  and God bless our country.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Terri

Take care Terri.

We all get upset at times.

We are good listeners.

As they say in the film Gone with the Wind.

Tomorrow is another day.

Love Graham xx and Pauline xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Even though it’s Saturday already it’s hours until Saturday’s Daily is posted. So I have to report and celebrate that DH is finally NEGATIVE!  He’s been cooped up since Wednesday morning last week. He’s on his way here as soon as he gets all his things together. His Princess Medallion has had a dead battery for days now so I’ll have to let him in. That’s our key card. 

Such a beautiful day here in Andalsnes, Norway so I hope he feels up to walking around this little town.  

Three cheers for Dennis!

View when I woke up this morningA56E2B39-2538-41A6-906C-B03D58F18783.thumb.jpeg.c3e3d69b6097ff3ee8826db02c96ea0f.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Even though it’s Saturday already it’s hours until Saturday’s Daily is posted. So I have to report and celebrate that DH is finally NEGATIVE!  He’s been cooped up since Wednesday morning last week. He’s on his way here as soon as he gets all his things together. His Princess Medallion has had a dead battery for days now so I’ll have to let him in. That’s our key card. 

Such a beautiful day here in Andalsnes, Norway so I hope he feels up to walking around this little town.  

Three cheers for Dennis!

View when I woke up this morningA56E2B39-2538-41A6-906C-B03D58F18783.thumb.jpeg.c3e3d69b6097ff3ee8826db02c96ea0f.jpeg

HIP, HIP, HOORAY x3! 🥳

Great view of town, Sandi, we’re on the opposite side.

Edited by kb4683
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Three cheers for Dennis!

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Congratulations! Enjoy your remaining cruise days TOGETHER.  When all is said and done, I’ll bet you look back at these next few days as a some of your fondest cruise days ever. 

Edited by Kurtybee123
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The pink lemonade frozen concentrate is sweetened.  When I looked it up on the grocery store site, the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, and another further down the list is simple sugar.  The lemonade was not overly sweet, but it wasn't really tart either.  The lemonade is not a major ingredient at 6 ounces, but it does provide the lemonade flavor.  Regular lemonade might not be as sweet.

It is about the easiest pie I've ever made since I used a store bought crust.  All you have to do is mix the ingredients and put the filling in the crust.

I'm very glad @ger_77 Gerry shared her recipe with the Daily.

Lenda

Thank you for this information, so far have enquired  at two shops, for the frozen concentrate, with no success.   Staff have suggested  bottles of lemon cordial concentrate.  Will continue my search.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Three cheers for Dennis!

Absolutely tremendous news Sandi.

Three cheers for Dennis

Hip,hip hooray.

Fantastic view from your balcony this morning.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Three cheers for Dennis!

Sandi, I am happy for your good news.  Have a wonderful day and enjoy what is left of your cruise.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Three cheers for Dennis!

Sandi, that is great news.  Hope he feels like a stroll through what looks like a lovely town on a beautiful day.

4 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thank you for this information, so far have enquired  at two shops, for the frozen concentrate, with no success.   Staff have suggested  bottles of lemon cordial concentrate.  Will continue my search.

Sorry you can't find the lemonade concentrate,  and it's not something you could have sent to you.  I'm not sure about the lemon cordial concentrate.

Lenda

• Like 5