Remembrance Sunday service

Happy afloat

I assume you mean Saturday November 12th 2022?

There is always a Sunday service every Sunday in every ship so it will no doubt be with at least a nod to the significance of Remembrance Sunday - what are you hoping for?

It will also depend on where the ship is on that particular Sunday. If it is a sead then there has, in my experience, always been a service on a Sunday - if it is a port day then they do not always have a service and most definitely not have a service if it is turnaround day.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have replied to this? Where has it gone? 

Yes, had a great service on Oceana just before she went, hosted by the Captain and attended by many of the crew as a lot of them are ex services. 

Andy 

Duplicate thread post Andy , your on the other one .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbtablet said:

I assume you mean Saturday November 12th 2022?

There is always a Sunday service every Sunday in every ship so it will no doubt be with at least a nod to the significance of Remembrance Sunday - what are you hoping for?

Yes, Saturday  the 12th. Just wanted to pay my respects and remember some friends and relatives as I do every year.

Thank you all for the information. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, david63 said:

It will also depend on where the ship is on that particular Sunday. If it is a sead then there has, in my experience, always been a service on a Sunday - if it is a port day then they do not always have a service and most definitely not have a service if it is turnaround day.

They will usually try to ensure a service of remembrance at some point in the day or two surrounding. Like Easter and Christmas, you may actually get a minister of religion travelling to conduct a multi-faith service, instead of the captain. Often the captain still attends and will do a reading.

What a differnce the people are on here talking about this subject, i went my first cruise in 2012 and nearly cancelled as i do not like arrogant people and the old P&O Forum was full of them. A Lady asked if her Husband would be allowed to wear his uniform if Nov 12th fell on a Formal evening and after 2 people posting they didn't see any problem but she should contact P&O i said she shouldn't need to All Hell broke out people arguing what outfit he was allowed to wear why wasn't Firemen and Poice Officers allowed to wear there uniforms in memory of those who died in service as well.

It finally came to a end 186 posts later when i posted Grow Up you lot and think of the service mens families that were killed by the road side bomb  yesteday in Afganistan.

Disgusting post by people you think would know better.

7O 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 10:44 PM, Cpt Pugwash said:

What a differnce the people are on here talking about this subject, i went my first cruise in 2012 and nearly cancelled as i do not like arrogant people and the old P&O Forum was full of them. A Lady asked if her Husband would be allowed to wear his uniform if Nov 12th fell on a Formal evening and after 2 people posting they didn't see any problem but she should contact P&O i said she shouldn't need to All Hell broke out people arguing what outfit he was allowed to wear why wasn't Firemen and Poice Officers allowed to wear there uniforms in memory of those who died in service as well.

It finally came to a end 186 posts later when i posted Grow Up you lot and think of the service mens families that were killed by the road side bomb  yesteday in Afganistan.

Disgusting post by people you think would know better.

7O 

Just to add, that formal service dress is acceptable (although no ceremonial blades, if applicable).