Favorite Royal Class And Ship

Just wanting to see what my fellow cruisers' favorite ships are. In my opinion the best class is oasis, and the ships in class rank in order: Synphony, Oasis, Wonder, Harmony, Allure. I think Synphony has the best entertainment in the fleet although harmony is great too. Wonder's Entertainment is lacking, but the ship is beautiful. Oasis is just a well rounded cruise ship. Allure is great, but needs the amp. 

We are fans of the Oasis class of ships.  Within that class we have sailed on the Oasis, Harmony and Allure, each more than once.  I can't say we really have a preference among those three as the differences were small.  The biggest (to us) being the huge waterslide at the stern (Harmony?) that blocks views from the boardwalk area.  

Edited by jalves

Radiance Class (Radiance of the Seas) Not to big and not to small. More like a cruise ship then an amusement park like the larger ships are. To many people on the larger ships makes for more hassle to do anything on the large ships.

• Like 4

I prefer the Quantum class.  I like the boutique hotel feeling onboard, as well as the entertainment options and the beautiful solarium.  I also like that there is an indoor family pool, which keeps the little ones out of the solarium.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, flamingos said:

The one I am on is the best, obviously.

But my favorite thus far has been Oasis.  I love Central Park and always choose Deck 8 so we can walk through there instead of a hallway. 

Makes a bad hair day for Caribbean sailings in the summer.  Incubator comes to mind with us being the baby chicks.

• Haha 1

We haven't sailed the Quantum Class yet so as of now Oasis Class is our choice because of the suite variety and amenities. That said, we still sail the other classes when we see a deal we can't pass up.

• Like 1

Love Radiance Class all the way. Will enjoy and only Cruise until they are gone. My Kids(& now Grands) enjoy any Ship they are on, Cruised on all starting with Sovereign though Quantum and Oasis Classes are their go to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Big_G said:

We haven't sailed the Quantum Class yet so as of now Oasis Class is our choice because of the suite variety and amenities. That said, we still sail the other classes when we see a deal we can't pass up.

We have been on Odyssey. It was so unfamiliar that we didn't really like it the first few days, but we got to really appreciate the spaces and are looking forward to sailing again.  The massive Solarium was wonderful. But that Central Park thing - I miss it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JP350 said:

Just wanting to see what my fellow cruisers' favorite ships are. In my opinion the best class is oasis, and the ships in class rank in order: Synphony, Oasis, Wonder, Harmony, Allure. I think Synphony has the best entertainment in the fleet although harmony is great too. Wonder's Entertainment is lacking, but the ship is beautiful. Oasis is just a well rounded cruise ship. Allure is great, but needs the amp. 

No Allure does not need the amplification. Why make it like all it’s sisters. We love it without  the big purple slide and love the diamond lounge. You are one of the few who want it changed 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Oasis class is the best for us , with Allure our favorite as it doesnt have the big slides yet . Pricing is good too most likely because of age and not being amped yet . That is a bonus for us. 😃

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, STANCPA44 said:

Allure is by far my favorite ship,  I hope it never goes to amplification.   Love Sabor and the Diamond lounge.   Disappointed it will be going only on three day cruises out of Port Canaveral.  

No it’s moving to Texas

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It will be doing 3 and 4-night Bahamas/Cococay cruises for a few months in PC.

No it’s staying here till oct and nov going to Texas. Not doing any 3-4 nights. Not sure where you got that info. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, renza said:

No it’s staying here till oct and nov going to Texas. Not doing any 3-4 nights. Not sure where you got that info. 

January-April 2024 it is doing the short cruises I mentioned out of PC.

Info from the RC website of course.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

January-April 2024 is it doing the short cruises I mentioned out of PC.

Omg you are talking a year and a half out. For now it will be in Fort Lauderdale till oct then going to Texas. Who knows 2 years from now. Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, renza said:

Omg you are talking a year and a half out. For now it will be in Fort Lauderdale till oct then going to Texas. Who knows 2 years from now. Lol

RC knows, the people who book as soon as cruises are released know.

I don't personally care either as I don't book that far out but it doesn't make the fact that it's doing short cruises out of PC any less true.

• Like 3

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

RC knows, the people who book as soon as cruises are released know.

I don't personally care either as I don't book that far out but it doesn't make the fact that it's doing short cruises out of PC any less true.

They should do it now. Oasis class ships never do 3-4 night cruises. They should do it year around. To bad it’s 2 years out. 

4 minutes ago, renza said:

They should do it now. Oasis class ships never do 3-4 night cruises. They should do it year around. To bad it’s 2 years out. 

Very much too bad in my case. I'm doing a B2B 3 and 4-night out of PC in 20 days. Nothing against Indy, I'm looking forward to going back on Freedom class for the first time in forever, but it would be pretty great on Allure.

• Like 1