Favorite Royal Class And Ship

31 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

We love Harmony & Symphony. No other cruise line can beat the Star Class Villa Suite that sleeps up to 14! We love Star Class and book Royal as often as we can. Prices have gone up considerably though.

30 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

I wish Royal would implement a dueling pianos concept. It's great fun and I think it would be a hit.

Yuck who wants to spend 7 days (or even 1 day)  in a hotel room with 14 people!? 

I like your dueling piano idea though. Those are fun. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

can't undestand why Oasis class is so popular!

B/c different people have different tastes and preferences?

I can't stand any ship smaller than Voyager class. They feel claustrophobic to me. I need a promenade. Others love the older, smaller ships. Different strokes...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Yuck who wants to spend 7 days (or even 1 day)  in a hotel room with 14 people!? 

I like your dueling piano idea though. Those are fun. 

I hear you but we're not in the room most of the time. Only a few hours in the am/eve. It's really 4 bedrooms with a common area and folks can have privacy in their rooms. 2 interior rooms & 2 balcony suites with a common living/dining room.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

We usually tap out at 9, but when you're sharing that rate 9 ways it's very affordable.

Yea, but there is more to life than amortization of an affordable trip.

I like my space

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

I hear you but we're not in the room most of the time. Only a few hours in the am/eve. It's really 4 bedrooms with a common area and folks can have privacy in their rooms. 2 interior rooms & 2 balcony suites with a common living/dining room.

17 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Quantum class, Freedom/ Voyager class - totally dislike Oasis class do not like the layout the  central park and boardwalk area are nothing we like - so the whole ship does not feel right...can't undestand why Oasis class is so popular!

Try the Radiance class ,  they are a more traditional layout that you may like .

I personally dont like them as i like Oasis class .

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea, but there is more to life than amortization of an affordable trip.

I like my space

Yep , just the wife and I, and nobody else in our cabin. 

We dont even tell anybody we are going on vacation until its almost departure day .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JP350 said:

I like the quantum class, but have only been on Odyssey, and I would really like to know if Anthem is worth it.

Of course it is!  We have been on Ovation, Anthem, and Odyssey.  We will be on Quantum in August.  The only main difference is the sky pad that only the Odyssey has in this class and the vie that is completely open on the Odyssey, but not on the others. Those are the only differences that I noticed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JP350 said:

I like the quantum class, but have only been on Odyssey, and I would really like to know if Anthem is worth it.

Anthem is definitely worth it!  Have sailed Anthem many times and love the entertainment.  We Will Rock You is excellent.  Spectra's Cabaret is really good too.  Most of the Tribute Bands we have seen have been really good too.  Lots of food options, both included in your cruise fare, like Cafe at Two70 and Solarium Bistro, or at an additional cost like Chops, Jamies, and Wonderland.  I can't wait for Anthem to get back to Cape Liberty.

17 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

How is Giovani's Table vs Jamie's? We really love Jamie's. The Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is to die for and so is the Lasagna. 

Fried Lasagna at wine bar is really good.

12 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Of course it is!  We have been on Ovation, Anthem, and Odyssey.  We will be on Quantum in August.  The only main difference is the sky pad that only the Odyssey has in this class and the vie that is completely open on the Odyssey, but not on the others. Those are the only differences that I noticed.

Covered pool gone on Odyssey 

Giovanni's Kitchen & Wine Bar is a nice switch from Vintages and Jamie's 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

To me, the Symphony is the best. We've also sailed the Ovation in Alaska, which was very nice, but not in the Oasis Class of ships. The Wonder was beautiful, but the shows were underwhelming.

We just booked Ovation OL Alaska July 2023. Is that the best ship for Alaska compared with other lines offering $$$ suites?

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They had dueling pianos years ago on Sovereign.  Not sure if it was on other ships.

Definitely miss Sovereign, currently my favorite is voyager class sailed her plus I sailed navigator 3 times perfect size not too small or big but still has good entertainment and ice show , love suite pool seats .

• Like 2