Favorite Royal Class And Ship

15 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Anthem has Jaime’s.

I edited that in, but GWB is in place of Vintages. They have a great snack menu.

Giovanni's Kitchen on Odyssey has a decent pizza menu. Really different than a typical Giovanni's 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, renza said:

No Allure does not need the amplification. Why make it like all it’s sisters. We love it without  the big purple slide and love the diamond lounge. You are one of the few who want it changed 

Exactly.  Don't need the ridiculous Bionic Bar either. If someone wants the amp then pick a different ship.

• Like 2

Radiance Class may be my favorite Class of RCCL ships.  I also enjoy the Vision Class ships… I know Old school , but they remind me of my first RCCL cruises.   Before the Ships became Amusement Parks and Mini Vegas strips.   Cut my teeth in the 90’s on the Majesty.    Kind of enjoy seeing people that you actually recognize several times per week on those smaller ships

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

Radiance Class may be my favorite Class of RCCL ships.  I also enjoy the Vision Class ships… I know Old school , but they remind me of my first RCCL cruises.   Before the Ships became Amusement Parks and Mini Vegas strips.   Cut my teeth in the 90’s on the Majesty.    Kind of enjoy seeing people that you actually recognize several times per week on those smaller ships

When we were on wonder earlier this year substantially more than other it seemed like we saw everybody multiple time, and recognized a lot of people

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Exactly.  Don't need the ridiculous Bionic Bar either. If someone wants the amp then pick a different ship.

I think that the bionic bar while not that useful is a cool concept, and I think that the smp while it does bring some unfortunate additions like slides. The food and new venues make it worth it.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I edited that in, but GWB is in place of Vintages. They have a great snack menu.

Giovanni's Kitchen on Odyssey has a decent pizza menu. Really different than a typical Giovanni's 

I really like the pizza at Giovanni’s, and it’s not that bad a price either

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JP350 said:

I think that the bionic bar while not that useful is a cool concept, and I think that the smp while it does bring some unfortunate additions like slides. The food and new venues make it worth it.

And the last time I counted there were four O class ships where people that want those amenities can have them.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And the last time I counted there were four O class ships where people that want those amenities can have them.

I’m just saying that Allure is going to be amped no matter what, and I’m saying that the amp isn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CaroleC said:

My favourite is Oasis class hands down. The bigger the better as far as I’m concerned! 😉

Same, although the quantum class has its advantages too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

How is Giovani's Table vs Jamie's? We really love Jamie's. The Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is to die for and so is the Lasagna. 

I prefer Giovanni’s especially that they combined the wine bar and restaurant. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Spent 8 days on her and never once stopped in Schooner. Loved Music Hall

Agree we loved music hall too. How was the southern Caribbean itinerary on oddsey 

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Flight is better than Hairspray 😇

The Oasis version, however, is awful

Oasis has a version of flight on it?? If it does I’m even more excited for December.

5 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Quantum class, Freedom/ Voyager class - totally dislike Oasis class do not like the layout the  central park and boardwalk area are nothing we like - so the whole ship does not feel right...can't undestand why Oasis class is so popular!

What don’t you like about the layout.

5 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Of course it is!  We have been on Ovation, Anthem, and Odyssey.  We will be on Quantum in August.  The only main difference is the sky pad that only the Odyssey has in this class and the vie that is completely open on the Odyssey, but not on the others. Those are the only differences that I noticed.

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Anthem is definitely worth it!  Have sailed Anthem many times and love the entertainment.  We Will Rock You is excellent.  Spectra's Cabaret is really good too.  Most of the Tribute Bands we have seen have been really good too.  Lots of food options, both included in your cruise fare, like Cafe at Two70 and Solarium Bistro, or at an additional cost like Chops, Jamies, and Wonderland.  I can't wait for Anthem to get back to Cape Liberty.

Thanks for the input, but cape liberty is far for us. It would be our first time sailing out of cape liberty. Is the sail out of NYC worth it, and how was the weather when you were cruising from the NYC to the Caribbean.

2 minutes ago, JP350 said:

Thanks for the input, but cape liberty is far for us. It would be our first time sailing out of cape liberty. Is the sail out of NYC worth it, and how was the weather when you were cruising from the NYC to the Caribbean.

Cape Liberty is in Bayonne, New Jersey, not NYC.  It is within view of the Statue of Liberty and on a very rare occasion, the ship will take a lap around the island, but usually you just head out to see under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.  It is cool going under the bridge since there isn't much clearance.  Weather when we have sailed has run hot to freezing cold as we have sailed many different times from there.  Seas can be rough at times, more so in winter.  When are you considering sailing from there?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JP350 said:

We live in Oregon, so almost all ports are far for us.  We enjoy the Cape Liberty port, 6 hour flight for us, lots of hotels close by and easy access to the port.

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Cape Liberty is in Bayonne, New Jersey, not NYC.  It is within view of the Statue of Liberty and on a very rare occasion, the ship will take a lap around the island, but usually you just head out to see under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.  It is cool going under the bridge since there isn't much clearance.  Weather when we have sailed has run hot to freezing cold as we have sailed many different times from there.  Seas can be rough at times, more so in winter.  When are you considering sailing from there?

We’re thinking of taking a thanksgiving cruise from cape liberty on anthem. When does the ship do the lap around the Statue of Liberty Any help is greatly appreciated 

5 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We live in Oregon, so almost all ports are far for us.  We enjoy the Cape Liberty port, 6 hour flight for us, lots of hotels close by and easy access to the port.

That’s good to know about the hotels, but how do you get there from the airport.

3 minutes ago, JP350 said:

We’re thinking of taking a thanksgiving cruise from cape liberty on anthem. When does the ship do the lap around the Statue of Liberty Any help is greatly appreciated 

It has done it on NE/Canada cruises at times.  We have done Bermuda and also the Bahamas a bunch of times on Anthem and have never gone around, maybe some day lol