Favorite Royal Class And Ship

I’m a Quantum class guy, the 270, open air WJ, solarium also like Radiance class for the connection to the Ocean and the glass, Idon’t mind the big girls, it causes some dissent in our house as my wife is another person who loves the ships with promenades and loves Oasis class and all that they offer.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

But on Allure it would mean the Champagne Bar would be gone.

I think the champagne bar on allure is wasted space. The schooner bar does the same job, and I didn’t see either that buesy when I was on Allure and Oasis (pre refit). No I also don’t think that the bionic bar is that great a replacement, but I think that the gimmick is worth it for the variety. Plus those late nights of getting pizza at sorrentos and taking it to the bionic bar seating area that has a lot less people with the added entertainment of robots. That’s one of my cruise traditions.

2 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

True, but that can change to as RCL keeps pumping the ships out. 

I don’t think that spectrum will ever come out of Asia, with the venue changes, and all the mods rccl had to make, but they did it for wonder so anything’s possible. I hope it does too check that ship off the list.

2 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

I’m a Quantum class guy, the 270, open air WJ, solarium also like Radiance class for the connection to the Ocean and the glass, Idon’t mind the big girls, it causes some dissent in our house as my wife is another person who loves the ships with promenades and loves Oasis class and all that they offer.

270 was the best venue when we were on oddysey 

6 hours ago, JP350 said:

When does the ship do the lap around the Statue of Liberty?

Very likely never - the very few times the ship goes up river from port (up to the Captain), she goes by the Statue, turns around south of Manhattan and then heads out to sea.

5 hours ago, JP350 said:

I think the champagne bar on allure is wasted space. The schooner bar does the same job, and I didn’t see either that buesy when I was on Allure and Oasis (pre refit). No I also don’t think that the bionic bar is that great a replacement, but I think that the gimmick is worth it for the variety. Plus those late nights of getting pizza at sorrentos and taking it to the bionic bar seating area that has a lot less people with the added entertainment of robots. That’s one of my cruise traditions.

I think it is well utilized space. There were plenty of people in there on the two cruises I did this year.  And it is one of the easiest lounges to actually have a conversation without having to strain to hear or be heard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JP350 said:

That’s good to know about the hotels, but how do you get there from the airport.

We have stayed in 3 different hotels and they have all had shuttles from the airport to the hotel.  It is just a quick Uber ride to the port, which the cost has been no more than $30 each time.

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Fried Lasagna at wine bar is really good.

Do they serve liquor there as well?  I believe many years ago Dan and I went into the wine bar on one of the O ships and they did not have beer and that is all Dan drank 

21 hours ago, renza said:

No Allure does not need the amplification. Why make it like all it’s sisters. We love it without  the big purple slide and love the diamond lounge. You are one of the few who want it changed 

I'm with you on this!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Cape Liberty is in Bayonne, New Jersey, not NYC.  It is within view of the Statue of Liberty and on a very rare occasion, the ship will take a lap around the island, but usually you just head out to see under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.  It is cool going under the bridge since there isn't much clearance.  Weather when we have sailed has run hot to freezing cold as we have sailed many different times from there.  Seas can be rough at times, more so in winter.  When are you considering sailing from there?

Exactly.  We get the same thing in PC.   And actually RCI is the worst calling Orlando an embarkation city.   They keep calling it "Orlando's Port Canaveral".  Hah!  Need to dig a 40 mile trench to get the ships out of Orlando.  

Port Canaveral...is Port Canaveral.   Orlando is middle of the state, almost an hour away.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do they serve liquor there as well?  I believe many years ago Dan and I went into the wine bar on one of the O ships and they did not have beer and that is all Dan drank 

Hi Ellen.  Not John, but I can tell you Giovanni's wine bar had full liquor, and a better selection of wine.  Bartender would start Bucky's Gin and Tonic when he saw us walking towards him.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm with you on this!!

Me too.  Prefer the CK/SL layout on it (as Oasis has) with the bar area along the windows.  Plus love the DL location (original CL, then DL) on deck 11.  🙂 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Prefer the CK/SL layout on it (as Oasis has) with the bar area along the windows.  Plus love the DL location (original CL, then DL) on deck 11.  🙂 

Now that we're done pretending to be suite people, looking forward to the DL on Indy. Really liked it on Freedom when she was in PC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

Odyssey jammer enclosed