Favorite Royal Class And Ship

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Exactly.  We get the same thing in PC.   And actually RCI is the worst calling Orlando an embarkation city.   They keep calling it "Orlando's Port Canaveral".  Hah!  Need to dig a 40 mile trench to get the ships out of Orlando.  

Port Canaveral...is Port Canaveral.   Orlando is middle of the state, almost an hour away.   

NCL does the same

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Me too!!!  Same one  And one Feb 2024 and April 2024

As much as I try, I can't get excited about a short 3 or 4 day cruise, too much work for too little return. On Allure, it will be difficult or impossible to see the shows in such a short time, which we enjoy. 

I wish they had Voyager doing the shorties and Allure doing longer ones. 

mac_tlc

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So why the objection to the Abyss?

No objection  I just like the ships without the stuff back there.  Liked Sabor's but it wasn't so great on the HM last month

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

Exactly.  We get the same thing in PC.   And actually RCI is the worst calling Orlando an embarkation city.   They keep calling it "Orlando's Port Canaveral".  Hah!  Need to dig a 40 mile trench to get the ships out of Orlando.  

Port Canaveral...is Port Canaveral.   Orlando is middle of the state, almost an hour away.   

Completely different situation.  Anthem sails from Cape Liberty not NYC.  There is a cruise port in NYC that ships sail from, including Royal Caribbean on a very rare occasion.

The Port Canaveral/Orlando thing is not a big deal at all, some just make it seem that way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Completely different situation.  Anthem sails from Cape Liberty not NYC.  There is a cruise port in NYC that ships sail from, including Royal Caribbean on a very rare occasion.

The Port Canaveral/Orlando thing is not a big deal at all, some just make it seem that way.  

It's all NY to the rest of the country😉

Screenshot_20220626-094332_Maps.thumb.jpg.dafbc65a25614833f57d53d24c696551.jpg

Kinda like Long Beach and Los Angeles. 

Its all LA

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Now that we're done pretending to be suite people, looking forward to the DL on Indy. Really liked it on Freedom when she was in PC.

Absolutely love the DL over the SL on Freedom.  We were on when she was brand new and the CL was a small lounge with no windows.  

But now...we simply travel the ship for evening cocktails, with happy hour being any hour.  😉 

Just now, island lady said:

And even worse....have to use your vouchers in that crowded lounge anyway.  😮 

Even before the use them anytime we didn't use the lounge except for maybe an occasional after dinner fake Baileys

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

But now...we simply travel the ship for evening cocktails, with happy hour being any hour.  😉 

Understood. But you know I have to go anywhere there is included food. 🤣

I actually enjoy some of the DL snacks even though it's an unpopular opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Found my Escape itinerary 

Screenshot_20220623-191043_Drive.thumb.jpg.1889abeaa64d7add415354bd80bf45f8.jpg

Really doesn't bother me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No objection  I just like the ships without the stuff back there.  Liked Sabor's but it wasn't so great on the HM last month

We finally went to Sabor on Harmony for the first time last month as well...for lunch.  What a horrible experience!  Extremely bad service, lousy food, noisy due to Boardwalk.  Hot and humid seating.  Never again.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's all NY to the rest of the country😉

Screenshot_20220626-094332_Maps.thumb.jpg.dafbc65a25614833f57d53d24c696551.jpg

Kinda like Long Beach and Los Angeles. 

Its all LA

Tell you what.  Google map NYC cruise terminal and see if it takes you to the Oasis or Adventure out of Bayonne.

Edited by jerseyjjs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, I know.  That was my point.  

Just like RCI ships do not sail out of Orlando.  

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Even before the use them anytime we didn't use the lounge except for maybe an occasional after dinner fake Baileys

Me...just for early morning coffee, and a place to hang on a sea day while cabin being cleaned.  😉 

Just now, island lady said:

We finally went to Sabor on Harmony for the first time last month as well...for lunch.  What a horrible experience!  Extremely bad service, lousy food, noisy due to Boardwalk.  Hot and humid seating.  Never again.  

If you mentioned it before, I must have missed it or forgot. We had dinner there one night and loved it. Our server was great. We re-ordered apps like 4 times b/c we liked them so much and he didn't mind at all. Entrees were not good. Enjoyed 2 different desserts though as well as my Jalapeno margarita.

The noise and heat were obviously different at night and beyond anyone's control but sorry to hear about the rest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Understood. But you know I have to go anywhere there is included food. 🤣

I actually enjoy some of the DL snacks even though it's an unpopular opinion.

When we ate later, we indeed would enjoy the lounge snacks as well.  🙂 

Now that we eat earlier...not needed.  Things changed over our cruising years...as we got older.  😄 

11 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Tell you what.  Google map NYC cruise terminal and see if it takes you to the Oasis or Adventure out of Bayonne.

Not the point

Marketing is different 

Screenshot_20220626-100359_Google.thumb.jpg.5521fad87b7d5baa04e97a378ee328be.jpg

They don't even mention Manhattan 

FWIW, the entire NYC thing is confusing to outsiders. Is it NYC, or one of the boroughs.  Even the boroughs have cities.

Edited by John&LaLa