Favorite Royal Class And Ship

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you mentioned it before, I must have missed it or forgot. We had dinner there one night and loved it. Our server was great. We re-ordered apps like 4 times b/c we liked them so much and he didn't mind at all. Entrees were not good. Enjoyed 2 different desserts though as well as my Jalapeno margarita.

The noise and heat were obviously different at night and beyond anyone's control but sorry to hear about the rest.

I suppose I should "never say never again".....but that experience was so laughingly bad...it would take a lot for us to try it again.  Ughh...  

Indeed dinner may be totally different.  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

When we ate later, we indeed would enjoy the lounge snacks as well.  🙂 

Now that we eat earlier...not needed.  Things changed over our cruising years...as we got older.  😄 

Some of us eat earlier and later and then have Sorrento's. 🙈

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If you mentioned it before, I must have missed it or forgot. We had dinner there one night and loved it. Our server was great. We re-ordered apps like 4 times b/c we liked them so much and he didn't mind at all. Entrees were not good. Enjoyed 2 different desserts though as well as my Jalapeno margarita.

The noise and heat were obviously different at night and beyond anyone's control but sorry to hear about the rest.

I think Playmaker's gets more business.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't doubt it. No reservations, can just pop in for a drink and/or snack (or a full meal ofc), arcade, pool tables, sports on TV, etc.

I'm just chatting to keep busy as usual. Looking forward to Playmaker's on Indy as you know and good chance I'll never eat at Sabor ever again even though I had a good experience.

Edited by OCSC Mike

22 hours ago, renza said:

No it’s staying here till oct and nov going to Texas. Not doing any 3-4 nights. Not sure where you got that info. 

Probably from the same source(s) I got this info. One, RCI announced in a press release that Allure would be doing 3/4 day cruises from Port Canaveral. Two, you can book these cruises now on RCI’s website. 

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I don't doubt it. No reservations, can just pop in for a drink and/or snack (or a full meal ofc), arcade, pool tables, sports on TV, etc.

I'm just chatting to keep busy as usual. Looking forward to Playmaker's on Indy as you know and good chance I'll never eat at Sabor ever again even though I had a good experience.

Indy is air conditioned😁

• Like 1

Having only been on a few Royal ships, so not even bothering with the class (i dont live in Florida sadly) i would put them in the following order:

Oasis of the seas 

Independence of the seas 

Anthem of the seas.

Will up date after my brilliance of the seas trip in Aug this year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Do they serve liquor there as well?  I believe many years ago Dan and I went into the wine bar on one of the O ships and they did not have beer and that is all Dan drank 

Yes they only serve wine and other non alcoholic drinks at the wine bars 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I think playmakers is a better fit for the boardwalk. Sports Bar with arcade games screams boardwalk vibe and atmosphere way more than a sit down Mexican restaurant.

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Having only been on a few Royal ships, so not even bothering with the class (i dont live in Florida sadly) i would put them in the following order:

Oasis of the seas 

Independence of the seas 

Anthem of the seas.

Why independence over anthem and even oasis over anthem as the quantum class have their fans.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Hi Ellen.  Not John, but I can tell you Giovanni's wine bar had full liquor, and a better selection of wine.  Bartender would start Bucky's Gin and Tonic when he saw us walking towards him.  😉 

Giovanni’s did? When we went to vent ages on the other o class of ships they did have full liquor, but we can also say we never set foot in Giovanni’s on wonder or odyssey.

5 minutes ago, JP350 said:

Giovanni’s did? When we went to vent ages on the other o class of ships they did have full liquor, but we can also say we never set foot in Giovanni’s on wonder or odyssey.

There is Giovanni's, Giovanni's Table and Giovanni's Wine Bar.  Different venues, different offerings.  

Anthem has Jamie's with Vintages beside it.  As far as I remember, Vintages had a full bar.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Found my Escape itinerary 

Screenshot_20220623-191043_Drive.thumb.jpg.1889abeaa64d7add415354bd80bf45f8.jpg

Really doesn't bother me. 

Orlando beaches....LOL....swamp with alligators at Disney.  😄 

Actually there was an ad on TV a few months ago that was calling the beaches at Clearwater/St. Pete the "Beaches of Orlando".  Remember that one?  They got in trouble with that description, and it is now the "Beaches of Clearwater Beach/St. Pete....90 miles from Orlando".  😉 

49 minutes ago, JP350 said:

We (John, Ellen (Molly) and I) were talking specifically about Giovanni's wine bar on Odyssey.  It is somewhat connected, but separate.  Odyssey not an "O" class ship.   

1 hour ago, JP350 said:

Yes they only serve wine and other non alcoholic drinks at the wine bars 

Full bar and decent wine choice on Odyssey (ship she was talking about) at Giovanni's wine bar.  Please reference my answer to her earlier in the this thread, post #121.  

Edited by island lady

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Is it going to be a big family gathering?  All the lala's?

John and Laura are on full World Cruise....Dec. 23 until Sept 24.  😉  So far anyway...

We are only leg one and four.  

Edited by island lady

On 6/25/2022 at 12:51 PM, John&LaLa said:

I'm booked on one. Some folks are clueless.

Actually starts shorties in Nov 2023

Screenshot_20220625-125454_Royal.thumb.jpg.70ac06427aeacdbbb44d77818beaf763.jpg

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

John and Laura are on full World Cruise....Dec. 23 until Sept 24.  😉  So far anyway...

We are only leg one and four.  

The wedding cruise John was talking about is on the Allure 11/6/23

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Oasis of the seas 

Independence of the seas 

Anthem of the seas.

We did  B2B on Brilliance and I am going to bet that will not make your favorite list.

7 hours ago, island lady said:

We finally went to Sabor on Harmony for the first time last month as well...for lunch.  What a horrible experience!  Extremely bad service, lousy food, noisy due to Boardwalk.  Hot and humid seating.  Never again.  

That very much mirrors our experience on the Harmony in April.  Won't be repeating that when we next sail on the Harmony in September.

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

it was very busy on the Wonder and during Soccor games.  And it was supposed to close at 1am and at 2am from my Boardwalk balcony room I heard VERY loud music which required me to make a nice little call to the guest services.  It was quiet for a few days and then back up again.

If a lot of folks are drinking in Playmakers at 1am, they will keep it open until last guest leaves even if 3 am.  So think of this if you booked a room in the area as it was LOUD.  

• Like 2