Favorite Royal Class And Ship

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Odyssey jammer enclosed

Yeah, don’t consider the Ultra guys true Quantum class after you mentioned that after you got off of Odyssey(thanks for the review btw),  maybe they’ll add one more ship to the class and then give them their own class.

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

it was very busy on the Wonder and during Soccor games.  And it was supposed to close at 1am and at 2am from my Boardwalk balcony room I heard VERY loud music which required me to make a nice little call to the guest services.  It was quiet for a few days and then back up again.

If a lot of folks are drinking in Playmakers at 1am, they will keep it open until last guest leaves even if 3 am.  So think of this if you booked a room in the area as it was LOUD.  

We were on wonder during the final 4 and the championship games of march madness, and even though they showed the games on the pool deck and in the aqua theater it felt like the whole ship was at playmakers.

4 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

Yeah, don’t consider the Ultra guys true Quantum class after you mentioned that after you got off of Odyssey(thanks for the review btw),  maybe they’ll add one more ship to the class and then give them their own class.

I thought that the only difference was the covered pool, what else is there. I’ve never been on a quantum class ship (except for oddyssy) we live in ga so the Florida ports are our main departure ports.

On 6/25/2022 at 2:16 PM, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately we can't pick and choose what features they'll update.

Food is definitely lacking, but slides are complete and sitting in storage. Their day is coming

The slides are complete? I didn’t know this

15 hours ago, jalves said:

That very much mirrors our experience on the Harmony in April.  Won't be repeating that when we next sail on the Harmony in September.

Shame it was like that.  Any of the other dining venues we went to were good....no problems.  

When in September are you cruising.  I booked a "fill in" 2 weeks ago for Sept. 18th.  Just one week this time.  

19 hours ago, JP350 said:

We were on wonder during the final 4 and the championship games of march madness, and even though they showed the games on the pool deck and in the aqua theater it felt like the whole ship was at playmakers.

yup either that or the pool deck.

I just had a problem with them not sticking to the posted closing time.  To them if folks are getting lots of drinks, they will stay open as long as then can and allow lots of noise.

so beware those on Wonder or Symphony if you have balcony rooms in boardwalk area.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:17 PM, JP350 said:

Just wanting to see what my fellow cruisers' favorite ships are. In my opinion the best class is oasis, and the ships in class rank in order: Synphony, Oasis, Wonder, Harmony, Allure. I think Synphony has the best entertainment in the fleet although harmony is great too. Wonder's Entertainment is lacking, but the ship is beautiful. Oasis is just a well rounded cruise ship. Allure is great, but needs the amp. 

No, no, and more no to the Allure getting amped. It needs to stay the way it is. One of the things they did when they amped the others was to move the bionic bar to where the champagne bar was. Total waste of space. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:23 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I think it is well utilized space. There were plenty of people in there on the two cruises I did this year.  And it is one of the easiest lounges to actually have a conversation without having to strain to hear or be heard.

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

On 6/26/2022 at 8:43 AM, molly361 said:

Love that!!!!

Curious, what is the appeal of the 3 and 4 day cruises? I can see if someone only has the weekend but I have noticed that a lot of retirees seem to like them. For me it’s not worth packing for unless I’m doing b2b cruises. Also on the short ones you have to go thru customs again in between each cruise. Waste of time to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Curious, what is the appeal of the 3 and 4 day cruises? I can see if someone only has the weekend but I have noticed that a lot of retirees seem to like them. For me it’s not worth packing for unless I’m doing b2b cruises. Also on the short ones you have to go thru customs again in between each cruise. Waste of time to me.

Never done a b2b but after 4 days I am ready to rest my liver and go see my dog not really sure why  I also have a short attention span😇

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Too short for me too, though I'm far from retired. We only did one ever and that was b/c we had 76 points and wanted to reach Diamond before going on our next 7-nighter so we found the cheapest 4-nighter that fit our schedule and booked an inside GTY.

We are doing a 3 and 4-night B2B in 18 days though. Won't have an opinion 'til we get back obviously but we had some specific reasons to try that instead of another longer cruise this summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Too short for me too, though I'm far from retired. We only did one ever and that was b/c we had 76 points and wanted to reach Diamond before going on our next 7-nighter so we found the cheapest 4-nighter that fit our schedule and booked an inside GTY.

We are doing a 3 and 4-night B2B in 18 days though. Won't have an opinion 'til we get back obviously but we had some specific reasons to try that instead of another longer cruise this summer.

No way I am packing a suitcase and getting on a plane for any cruise less than 7 days and the past few years it has been anything less than 8 days.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No way I am packing a suitcase and getting on a plane for any cruise less than 7 days and the past few years it has been anything less than 8 days.

My trip to NY last week to see my family   was also 3 days packed and flew and flights were not pleasant. 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Don't blame you... but I'm the guy who won't even drive the extra 2 hours to Ft. Lauderdale because Port Canaveral is only an hour away and just so damn convenient.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Don't blame you... but I'm the guy who won't even drive the extra 2 hours to Ft. Lauderdale because Port Canaveral is only an hour away and just so damn convenient.

And I'm the guy who tries to sail out of Fort Lauderdale because it is much more damn convenient than Miami or Port Canaveral.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

And I'm the guy who tries to sail out of Fort Lauderdale because it is much more damn convenient than Miami or Port Canaveral.

Did we have the conversation before? 🤣

I think incessantly reading this forum while waiting for my next cruise is rotting my brain. 🙃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just got back from a3 day Fathers Day weekend. cruise on Freedom OTS Ended up not getting off ship , just eating in speciality restaurants and lounging poolside. Didn't even look over the ship.  BUT I did get 6 points (only needed 3) and now officially Diamond Plus.  My next cruise is 9 days to New England. Looking forward to that. 

Edited by Missymo
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 8:51 AM, island lady said:

Me too.  Prefer the CK/SL layout on it (as Oasis has) with the bar area along the windows.  Plus love the DL location (original CL, then DL) on deck 11.  🙂 

Besides the Champagne Bar we also really like this area along with the diamond lounge location.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

DH and I just booked a 4 night.  We need inlaws to look after our kids and so needed to keep it to a short trip (and that's with a 3hr plane ride).  It was that or nothing...I'll take it.   You can still do a lot in 4 days (and yes...it's more like 3.5 days)

• Like 1

Just now, Missymo said:

Just got back from a3 day Fathers Day weekend.  Ended up not getting off ship , just eating in speciality restaurants and lounging poolside. Didn't even look over the ship.  BUT I did get 6 points (only needed 3) and now officially Diamond Plus.  My next cruise is 9 days to New England. Looking forward to that. 

Congrats!

We're 32 points away and  have 21 points booked between now and next June. We normally only cruise in the summer b/c my wife is a teacher and she prefers to spend holidays like Thanksgiving and Xmas on land with family. She has a new position (in the same school) however that comes with a bit more leeway as far as using her saved up vacation days so we've been trying to cobble together 11 more nights to reach D+ on the family cruise already booked for next June.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Missymo said:

Just got back from a3 day Fathers Day weekend. cruise on Freedom OTS Ended up not getting off ship , just eating in speciality restaurants and lounging poolside. Didn't even look over the ship.  BUT I did get 6 points (only needed 3) and now officially Diamond Plus.  My next cruise is 9 days to New England. Looking forward to that. 

Welcome to D+.🙂

• Like 1