Whole Lobster Night

duquephart

On 6/26/2022 at 3:02 PM, gincolo said:

We’re on Jupiter now also. On the Viking app under Dining you can view all the Restaurant menus. It shows Broiled Lobster on the menu for this Tuesday dinner and Lobster Thermidor on the menu for next Monday dinner. 😊

I don't see a future menu option. Checked every day and never saw lobster of any kind in The Restaurant. No idea why. Maybe next cruise?

Ok guys…I’m with DMIL…as an inLand person, who does not like the fishy taste of most seafood, I just love the interactive requirements of Both Lobster and Crab (Particularly Dungeness) … love the butter taste, love the lemon taste, love the light seafood taste…if I can have either a half of a lobster or a half crab (cooked right)…I’m in heaven!

18 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

Ok guys…I’m with DMIL…as an inLand person, who does not like the fishy taste of most seafood, I just love the interactive requirements of Both Lobster and Crab (Particularly Dungeness) … love the butter taste, love the lemon taste, love the light seafood taste…if I can have either a half of a lobster or a half crab (cooked right)…I’m in heaven!

Having lived within a few miles of the ocean my entire life, if seafood smells/tastes fishy, no way we will eat it, as it isn't fresh.

When I lived in UK, the Fishmonger delivered fresh fish weekly to our house that was landed on the previous high tide. Never more than 12 hours from being landed, and the local boats only ever went out on one tide and came back in on the next.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Having lived within a few miles of the ocean my entire life, if seafood smells/tastes fishy, no way we will eat it, as it isn't fresh.

When I lived in UK, the Fishmonger delivered fresh fish weekly to our house that was landed on the previous high tide. Never more than 12 hours from being landed, and the local boats only ever went out on one tide and came back in on the next.

Agreed, my family definition of fresh seafood was still alive when it got to the kitchen (or on one memorable occasion, unusually large crab escaped from box and had to be winkled out from under sideboard with broom handle) 

Fish often arrived in a bucket of sea water. 

Out of curiosity, what do you think of the crab, langoustine etc in the world cafe crustacean section? I'm underwhelmed, nothing against frozen seafood, sometimes only way to do it, but seemed not done as well as it could have been

9 minutes ago, Let Me Travel! said:

I guess that would be really good…I do love Chilean Sea Bass too…I like the thicker filets of really white fish…I am one of the weirdos that do not like salmon!

I highly suggest you look for (and if it’s not showing up on a menu) for the Chilean sea bass in The Restaurant. OMG, it’s so so good. We always plan our chefs table reservations once onboard so we don’t miss eating the sea bass in the Restaurant. Last July, it didn’t appear it was going to be offer, on the night they served the grilled Mediterranean Sea bass, we asked the Manager and he found us later that evening and said the Chef was going to prepare it for us (and the lucky table seated beside us who saw it) the next night.  He must of thawed a whole fish, as the following night it was an appetizer in the World Cafe. 

2BBC1CDB-2716-4E45-A0BE-25AFAD38883C.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KBs mum said:

Agreed, my family definition of fresh seafood was still alive when it got to the kitchen (or on one memorable occasion, unusually large crab escaped from box and had to be winkled out from under sideboard with broom handle) 

Fish often arrived in a bucket of sea water. 

Out of curiosity, what do you think of the crab, langoustine etc in the world cafe crustacean section? I'm underwhelmed, nothing against frozen seafood, sometimes only way to do it, but seemed not done as well as it could have been

The prawns & crab were OK, basically about the same as we get at home, as even in Metro Vancouver it is really difficult to find really fresh fish. Most is frozen.

During salmon season we can get some really fresh salmon from the local fishmonger, who has their own boats for fishing the Fraser River. 

6 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

I guess that would be really good…I do love Chilean Sea Bass too…I like the thicker filets of really white fish…I am one of the weirdos that do not like salmon!

I love Blue Fish, roasted with chopped onion, celery, carrots, tomato. Greek style -- fish Plaki. Must be well done.  If you can find it now -- hardly ever -- they are very small.  A decent size Blue is 4 to 5 pounds or larger, whole.  Yes, a little fishy and somewhat oily, and a little dark -- but cooked as above -- just delicious.  Don't know why so few people like it. (Guess I'm weird too!) Summered at South Jersey shore as as kid thru teens.  Neighborhood deep sea fishermen would give it to Grand mom, so plentiful and large.