Do you know any adult that got an unvaccinated exemption?

exm

There was a post on FB in the last couple of days about someone who knows an elderly unvaxxed woman who is supposed to cruise in July and she wanted to get an exemption.  Several people explained to her that there is no way she would get it at this point as you need to apply as soon as you book and there are limits.  Between % of unvaxxed allowed and it being summer with so many kids, and those that did apply early, there was just no way.  People are being disappointed because they don't read the rules.  What I don't know is if this older woman had a TA or booked directly.  TA's should be proactive and make sure their clients know the rules.

My best friend's father won't vaccinate because he's afraid of needles. He's 80 yrs old with a couple of health issues, yet he's more afraid of a needle than of getting sick.  He'd be out of luck if he wanted to cruise.  As it is, he used to travel occasionally to Europe with my friend, but can't now because of his fear.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

Does anyone have an literature regarding this 10% rule? I have looked all over Royal's site and can't find anything.

I ask because I am traveling with extended family the beginning of October.  This includes my 10 year old niece who they won't vaccinate for no real reason other than they don't want too.  I'm not starting a debate over vaccines, just stating that is their reasoning (really).  I do not want my own vacation cancelled over this and there is still time to vaccinate.  They said they will if she can't cruise without being vaccinated.  So I'd love something that I can pass on to the about this 10% rule.

Thanks!

I believe 11 and under can sail unvaccinated, but need a PCR test. 12 and over needs vaccination or exemption.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, easyqueasy said:

I believe 11 and under can sail unvaccinated, but need a PCR test. 12 and over needs vaccination or exemption.

This much I know (thankfully LOL). 

But I'm wondering what they do if they are a ton of kids under the age of 12 who are unvaccinated and they are over the 10% threshold.  Now that it appears age 5 and up are included in that 10% threshold.

2 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

But I'm wondering what they do if they are a ton of kids under the age of 12 who are unvaccinated and they are over the 10% threshold.  Now that it appears age 5 and up are included in that 10% threshold.

Is that true ?  I had not heard that they were now counting the 5 and up as part of the 10%.

18 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I would be changing plans now…  

Yes I know, The problem is if we book a second cruise as a back up I will have money invested in that and then if we are able to go on the first cruise I won’t be able to get my money back for the second cruise. I feel like we’re stuck

11 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

Does anyone have an literature regarding this 10% rule? I have looked all over Royal's site and can't find anything.

I ask because I am traveling with extended family the beginning of October.  This includes my 10 year old niece who they won't vaccinate for no real reason other than they don't want too.  I'm not starting a debate over vaccines, just stating that is their reasoning (really).  I do not want my own vacation cancelled over this and there is still time to vaccinate.  They said they will if she can't cruise without being vaccinated.  So I'd love something that I can pass on to the about this 10% rule.

Thanks!

As of right now royal only requires children 12 or older to be vaccinated.    If under 12 and unvaxxed that child must get a PCR test (not rapid test) - you can go to royal faq's page for testing requirements.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As of right now royal only requires children 12 or older to be vaccinated.    If under 12 and unvaxxed that child must get a PCR test (not rapid test) - you can go to royal faq's page for testing requirements.

For Italy it's different:

• Vaccinated guests - including those not considered 'up to date' by EMA standards - must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.  Kids 11 and younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Yes I know, The problem is if we book a second cruise as a back up I will have money invested in that and then if we are able to go on the first cruise I won’t be able to get my money back for the second cruise. I feel like we’re stuck

If you don’t plan to get vaccinated your best bet is to cancel and get a fcc/refund and do other types of vacations for the next couple years.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

If you don’t plan to get vaccinated your best bet is to cancel and get a fcc/refund and do other types of vacations for the next couple years.   

Why would you assume that we don’t plan to get vaccinated?

We are all vaxed and boosted except for my granddaughter who has medical conditions where she cannot get vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Why would you assume that we don’t plan to get vaccinated?

We are all vaxed and boosted except for my granddaughter who has medical conditions where she cannot get vaccinated.

sorry!! You’re original post stated “we” filed for a vaccination exemption and didn’t mention the above.

Unfortunately Royal is hardly giving out any exemptions either way. I haven’t seen a single post about someone being excepted yet but lots of declines. Too big of a risk for them. 

52 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I haven’t seen a single post about someone being excepted yet but lots of declines.

Because doing so on here could be considered boasting and at risk of being attacked by the keyboard warriors too. 

The religious accommodation (RA) request to RCI should be sincere and genuine.  Meaning, not copying and pasting boilerplate language from a website just to submit to RCI to meet their paperwork requirement.  I guess it could be done that way instead of getting all personal about it.  I don’t support doing like that though  as it defeats the original intent of the RA request. 

RCI, for the most part, appears to give consideration for the 10% allowance to the unvax'd 5-11 year old kids first before getting around to approving RA requests for the the 12-17 year olds and adults.  I believe another poster discussed this part much better than I am here several posts ago. 

Simply put.  Most RA requests will be denied on sailings that are likely to have a high percentage 5-11 year old kids.   

Edited by atgood

13 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

Thanks!

Why would your vacation be cancelled if they don’t cruise? Are your reservations linked? If so, I would unlink them and let them deal with their daughter and you go and enjoy yourself.

39 minutes ago, atgood said:

What do you mean?  

Too big of a risk to cruise?   To post about it?

To big of a risk for the cruise lines. I’m not getting into the vaccination debate but think of it this way. Cruise lines start letting unvaccinated passengers onboard and do away with testing. Then a outbreak occurs or people start getting really sick onboard. The media would go crazy and it would be a PR nightmare and a major setback.

We had over 6,000 people onboard last week so the cruise lines are having no problem finding people to cruise under the current restrictions so why would they change what is working and risk something going wrong?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

To big of a risk for the cruise lines. I’m not getting into the vaccination debate but think of it this way. Cruise lines start letting unvaccinated passengers onboard and do away with testing. Then a outbreak occurs or people start getting really sick onboard. The media would go crazy and it would be a PR nightmare and a major setback.

We had over 6,000 people onboard last week so the cruise lines are having no problem finding people to cruise under the current restrictions so why would they change what is working and risk something going wrong?

Thanks for elaborating.  I agree.  There’s a big risk to the cruise lines (for lots of reasons).  

On 6/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, exm said:

Thanks for the replies. I'm reading a lot about the Pope, but my uncle (and again, not me) is part of the Catholic religion that doesn't recognize the modern Catholic religion. He's going to Catholic churches where they preach in Latin (don't shoot the messenger!).

Interesting!  I didn’t believe you, so I googled and- voila!  Found it.  Had no idea that Sedevacantism was a thing.  Half my family is catholic, and I had never heard of it…