Temperature on Viking Ocean ships

imalori

I'm often chilly on cruise ships as they are generally heavily air conditioned. But, I've never been on Viking Ocean. (We're leaving in a week! Yay!)  Anyway, any comments on indoor temps - especially when it will be hot out? (I know this is subjective, but please do your best.)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, imalori said:

I'm often chilly on cruise ships as they are generally heavily air conditioned. But, I've never been on Viking Ocean. (We're leaving in a week! Yay!)  Anyway, any comments on indoor temps - especially when it will be hot out? (I know this is subjective, but please do your best.)

Thanks!

Hi - I get cold easily as well.

yes it can get cold in various places on the Viking ocean ships - to me.  We always bring a sweater to:  Star Theatre (always way over ac),  explorers lounge (they keep it cold on 7th floor but 8 is warmer), and the specialty restaurants.  World cafe has been good temp for us.

I know a lot of people onboard run hot, and with all the eating and drinking, it not a surprise.  They will chime in and say Tempe was just fine or even too hot, but don’t listen.  Just bring your sweaters or car jackets or whatever and you’ll be fine.  Oh - Star theatre so cold Viking even has blankets for people!!!   Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 3

I always take a sweater...my husband NEVER does!  and I do take one to the Main Dining Room because it depends on WHERE you are seated and how crowded it is.

• Like 2

I am the opposite, the Star Theatre is nearly always too hot for me.  Once I took in a thermometer to check and it was 26C / 79F.  I couldn’t cope with that indoors with no breeze (even in short sleeves) and had to leave.  I mentioned this in my feedback and they turned it down.  After that the bar tender always had a tumbler of ice ready for me to help keep me cool.  

I appear to be in the minority for this thread.  I’m glad you are all flexible enough to have sweatshirts/ jackets or even using the blankets, as it is easier to add more layers.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

I am the opposite, the Star Theatre is nearly always too hot for me.  Once I took in a thermometer to check and it was 26C / 79F.  I couldn’t cope with that indoors with no breeze (even in short sleeves) and had to leave.  I mentioned this in my feedback and they turned it down.  After that the bar tender always had a tumbler of ice ready for me to help keep me cool.  

I appear to be in the minority for this thread.  I’m glad you are all flexible enough to have sweatshirts/ jackets or even using the blankets, as it is easier to add more layers.  

It must vary from cruise to cruise.  I've had a thermometer in the Star Theatre the last couple times and it was 67 and 68 degrees!  Too cold for us.

As I had stated earlier - some run cold and some run hot.  Thankfully for you, it's easier for us cold ones to add clothes than for you hot ones to take things off 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

CCWineLover, Thank you so much for your understanding of my predicament.  Many times I’ve had people close windows (not on cruises) saying they are cold. and yet they  never ask others or think to put on extra clothing.  I’ve even had to go outside for air or I’d have fainted.  I had no more layers to shed!  

I know we are not all the same but I’ve met many people on Viking who have come out of the theatre because of the heat.  I believe the settings are changed when the theatre is empty or during  rehearsals and then as it fills with people it gets hotter and the settings remain the same.  

I suggested to the other hot people that they ask for it cooling but they wouldn’t say anything.  I’d already asked and was told that some people were cold.  That’s when I got my thermometer out and got evidence of 26C/79F, surely this is not cold?  

Rant over.  I’m feeling sorry for myself as my husband and I started feeling Ill on day 7 of the cruise, asked to be tested and we are both positive. Now in isolation for 5 days.  We both felt dreadful for 2 days but symptoms are improving, now we are just bored!  At least all the  Star Theatre shows/lectures etc are live streamed to the cabin.  We can even watch the Port Talks to see what we are missing.  

There were many people coughing on board and we wonder how many came forward for testing as we did.  

No idea how many cases there are.  

6 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

There were many people coughing on board and we wonder how many came forward for testing as we did.  

The new protocols stated that medical staff could require testing of symptomatic people so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s happening.

We have just had a call from the nurse, who was calling, not visiting, to check we are OK, as there are lots of cases now.  As long as we are OK we get obs only in the morning.  We said our symptoms are subsiding , but when you are in isolation anything could be going on outside the cabin door.  

8 minutes ago, kcpvwill said:

We have just had a call from the nurse, who was calling, not visiting, to check we are OK, as there are lots of cases now.  As long as we are OK we get obs only in the morning.  We said our symptoms are subsiding , but when you are in isolation anything could be going on outside the cabin door.  

Could you advise which ship you are on? Best for a quick recovery ... 🍺🥌

6 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

So sorry to hear you are both positive and not feeling well.  What a disappointment.  Please stay safe and healthy.  It sounds like there may be others onboard as well in the same predicament.

We are boarding the Venus July 15 in Greenwich - so crossing our fingers.

Let us all know how things go. 🙂