Ketchikan - Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show

Waynetor

I wondering if anyone has done this show in a wheelchair. 

My wife is in a wheelchair and her eyesight is not great so I would like to know if the special seating area is way at the back or are they up near the front. 

On 6/27/2022 at 3:25 AM, Joseph2017China said:

You don't need to prebuy tickets.  Just go to the ticket booth, and you can always ask those questions.  Also, google this show, and you will have plenty of pictures to look at the seating area to see if you like it.

How far from the ship is the show?  If there’s a shuttle, can she take her wheelchair?  How about mobility scooters?

46 minutes ago, iuki said:

How far from the ship is the show?  If there’s a shuttle, can she take her wheelchair?  How about mobility scooters?

Have you considered asking this on the Alaska ports of call board?

We have been to this show, including our family member who is a full-time wheelchair user. The seating area for wheelchairs is up front. Unless it is changed since we were there (which has been several years ago) we just pulled up in the wheelchair in front of the lowest row of seats. They did have areas of seating set aside for wheelchairs and scooters.  

Because the ship gets a group rate, it's usually cheaper to purchase as a ship excursion.  There was no transportation provided.  It is downtown relatively close to the main piers.  Even though we purchased it as a ship excursion, we just went directly to the theater.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 6:44 PM, Waynetor said:

I wondering if anyone has done this show in a wheelchair. 

My wife is in a wheelchair and her eyesight is not great so I would like to know if the special seating area is way at the back or are they up near the front. 

We attended this show in May of this year. My husband uses a wheelchair which I push.  There was accommodations for wheelchairs and companions in the front row. There was no transportation provided. There was a long ramp from the dock to the pier but that could just be where the Zuiderdam docked. Once up the ramp it was a manageable walk to the venue. We purchased our tickets on board and were given directions on how to get there.  It was a laid back atmosphere and I am sure they would do their best to ensure you had suitable seating. Have a wonderful cruise!

On 6/30/2022 at 10:59 PM, Essiesmom said:

Have you considered asking this on the Alaska ports of call board?

This would be a better forum to ask that question.  Obviously most people reading this forum have a member of their family with mobility issues and this would be the better place to get specific HC information instead of the generic Alaska board.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 10:12 PM, iuki said:

Depends what number dock but it could be right next to the ship, or maybe a half mile.  (ships are long, and you could be the 3rd ship down)