Question about pre departure covid test valiant lady

starbar36

Hi, we live in the UK and are going on a Mediterranean cruise on the Valiant Lady soon.  We have been sent free lateral flow tests by Virgin Voyages. If anyone has done this, could you tell me if the tests are supervised (ie video call) or unsupervised. I had thought it was meant to be the former but looking at the app we have to download and the instructions in the email there is no mention of booking a video slot so maybe not? 

I'd be very grateful if anyone could let me know about their experience 🙂 

I don't have any direct experience with these particular tests, but here in the US, the supervised tests do not require any pre-booking.  You just log in and are put in a queue for the next available proctor.  So far, we have never had to wait more than a few minutes.  Perhaps, your test is similar and does not require you to book an appointment for the video call?

I called the test provider nph - it seems that we just do the test ourselves without video supervision, it sounds like the previous fit to fly/day 2 tests in the UK when we returned from overseas. Upload the photo of the negative test and get a certificate. I know people who used to do these tests without putting the swab anywhere near the nose! So pretty pointless. I'll find out for sure in a few days.

Not sure what the deal is for non UK people. Maybe you could ask about local test provision on the Barcelona board on TripAdvisor? There are some helpful people on there.