When to expect cabin assignment?

jmalsa

1 hour ago, drewdawg199 said:

Did you book the “lock it in rate”? If so I would assume possibly not until boarding.

We did. Anyone else have experience with this rate? 

15 hours ago, jmalsa said:

We did. Anyone else have experience with this rate? 

Yes. On a cruise early this month. I want to say it doesn't show up until a day or two before at most. It could vary I guess. I was told people were asking about upgrades while checking in and receiving them -  would be worth asking about. 

I'm on the same sailing and our group got our stateroom assignments between 3-6 p.m. ET today (Monday, 6/27). Pretty pleased with where all of us have been slotted.

Seas you real soon!

1 hour ago, keels81 said:

I'm on the same sailing and our group got our stateroom assignments between 3-6 p.m. ET today (Monday, 6/27). Pretty pleased with where all of us have been slotted.

Seas you real soon!

Did get ours too. Not so happy with ours. Deck 11 is nice but all the way forward. We were once forward on another previous cruise and could hear the anchor being dropped when we had to stay out and tender in. So might not be a issue with being able to dock at port. 

9 hours ago, jmalsa said:

Did get ours too. Not so happy with ours. Deck 11 is nice but all the way forward. We were once forward on another previous cruise and could hear the anchor being dropped when we had to stay out and tender in. So might not be a issue with being able to dock at port. 

With the ship sailing at 40-60% capacity of late, certainly ask for a different cabin or possibly an upgrade when you check in at the terminal. With many cabins available, they should at least be able to move you to a different cabin in the same class. 

So just got back from our sailing on Scarlet Lady. Ship was only at about 40 percent capacity. No free upgrade at least from Sailor services on shore, I did not try once on the ship. We had a insider and they were offering a Terrace for $600 more which was a savings of about $400. We declined but asked if any other insiders mid ship were available and they said yes and moved us to one of those. Very accommodating and our bags were delivered to us very quickly even with the cabin change.