No Azamara Shore Excursions for Guayaquil, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya!

Mercruiser

I am booked on the Azamara Onward "16-night Central & South America Voyage" 12 Feb 2023 - 28 Feb 2023, Lima Peru to Miami.

This cruise has nine port stops. Looking at the Voyage Planner - Shore Excursions, they have no excursions listed for four of the port stops: Guayaquil, Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya. I have $900+ in OBC and need to spend most of it on excursions. I was hoping to book a Lamanai Mayan Ruins River Boat Safari in Belize City through Azamara. It's a long distance from the port and I don't want to be worrying about a tardy private excursion. I guess I'll have to book a private trip and hope for the best.

I am quite surprised that Azamara has no excursions to three very popular Caribbean ports, just 230 days from the cruise. I can kind of understand why Guayaquil Ecuador is missing. It's not a common stop.

Anyone else having a similar problem with Azamara, or have any insights on why so many port stops are missing?

"

Here's what I do when there aren't yet shore excursions for a booked cruise:  search the Azamara website for each of those ports and find the nearer term cruises that go there; look at the shore excursions offered for those cruises at those ports and copy the info into my folder for my cruise; use that as a basis for research and wait for Azamara to update the shore for my cruise and hopefully add the one I have decided is my favorite.  [Part of my research includes going to the Cruise Critic forums for those ports and asking the experts there for advice on choosing among them.]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Way too soon to have tours.  Vendors sometimes don’t offer tours at even 6 months.  I personally dislike getting excited about a tour only to find it isn’t going to be available by the time I sail.  

• Like 3

Thanks all for your replies.

Looks like I just need to be patient. That's not easy for a compulsive planner like myself!

I have managed to book some private tours on the South and Central America ports. The incremental price for private tours is pretty low in that region.

• Like 1