Transfer initial deposit to a different cruise?

FolsomMike

I looked on their site and cannot find an answer to this specific question…After booking a cruise directly by phone a few days ago, we became aware of another Oceania cruise with a better itinerary; both leave next May. I’ll call them tomorrow but does anyone know if they will let us directly transfer our $1500. Deposit to the new cruise or will we have to request a refund and make a new payment? Also, will we really have to make the cancellation request “in Writing” and if so, how long will that process take?

Mike,

First of all if you booked directly with Oceania, call them as you should have no problem shifting a deposit from one cruise to another.  If you booked thru a Travel Agent, you will need to go back to your TA to have this done but it should not be a problem. 

We always book cruises on board. One may be a specific itinerary we loved and any others I call  place holders and then if things change on a booked cruise, I swap them out. We just did this to rebook a 2023 New Years Holiday sailing on Riviera from Abu Dhabi to Singapore. We used our On Board booking credits and guaranteed pricing, just swapped deposits over to the new sailing.  Did the same on a Capetown to Paris in 2024. 

Oceania is normally quite accommodating unless you are trying to move Pandemic era FCC bookings to a 2023 sailing.

Good Luck,

Mauibabes

We decided to change our Dec cruise to 2023. TA called. Oceania would change the deposit without a problem but not our FCC which they said would expire  Dec 2022. So if it is just the deposit you should have no problem switching.