Best Base Price Balcony Room Norwegian Encore

TFeldy26

Will be going on my 1st Norwegian cruise to Alaska next Aug and wanted to get advise on the best standard balcony rooms from those with experience. Don't really want to pay any additional charges, looking for the base balcony rate. Any with extra balcony or room space that would be good to know about.

Edited by TFeldy26

You can check a site like cruise deck plans.  I pay the small membership fee (which is well worth the price) to see exactly where rooms are, the good; bad & ugly from other cruisers who contribute to the pictures/videos etc.  Not to mention the 1 on 1 knowledge from the owner himself.  He will personally answer questions and share his knowledge about the ships.  He usually sends me drone pictures or drawings to show me what he is referring to.  Great resource!!

Take a look on YouTube for advice on where to book a room - Tips for Travelers has a great video on this. You can also peruse the cruise ship deck plans (for free) on NCL's website to see where a specific room is. 

I'll quickly summarize the Tips for Travelers video - probably missing some as I watched it awhile ago:

1. Make your room the peanut butter/jelly to the bread. You want your room to be in between two stateroom decks.

2. Don't select a stateroom above or below a nightclub or restaurant.

3. Be sure the sundeck or pool deck is not above you.

On the deck plans, find a few good rooms, then just google "NCL" + ship name + stateroom number. You'll likely find the basic information with square footage, balcony size, and possibly some photos of the stateroom. You could also do this on YouTube as someone may have created a video with the stateroom you have in mind.

As for finding the cheapest balcony - well I don't have advice for you on that. 

I’d do some fare surfing on NCL’s site for the weeks you want to sail.  Their fares change quite a bit.

You can get “no-perks” fares.  But, I scored a Haven suite for the price of a Balcony cabin on a Caribbean sailing next month.

Lots of variables that only you can answer….where do you want to be on the ship, what week do you want to cruise, etc.

Sailed the Encore to Alaska last Fall.  Enjoyed it.

Edited by graphicguy

On 6/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, TFeldy26 said:

Will be going on my 1st Norwegian cruise to Alaska next Aug and wanted to get advise on the best standard balcony rooms from those with experience. Don't really want to pay any additional charges, looking for the base balcony rate. Any with extra balcony or room space that would be good to know about.

Which ship are you looking at?  Are you more interested in price or location? If price, then your best no additional charges would be the Sailaway rate...lowest price but you don't get to pick the location.  You get what you get.  I have found that on the Bliss and Encore, you will see much more of Alaska from the Waterfront or Observation Lounge...you aren't limited to just the view from your balcony.

• Like 1