My summary until recently said I had the "Premier" drink package even though there weren't selling it, now it's been changed

CineGraphic

I know that when the new Premiere package was announced, several of us who booked prior to Premiere being implemented had Premiere showing up in our summaries. Here's mine:

581383943_ScreenShot2022-06-27at10_44_44AM.thumb.png.05870551b5374819ee67e0c3e1343129.png

Well, now that the program has been rolled out, my summary now shows this:

957901345_ScreenShot2022-06-27at10_43_54AM.thumb.png.325a5a168a92b06535cec39ca53021c5.png

• Haha 2

Our Travel Summary for two cruises booked before the introduction of the "Premier" package also showed "Premier" drinks.  One of them was changed to "Plus" today (as it should be, can't complain) and I imagine the other one will change soon also. 😪  I thought for a while, as did my travel agent, that we might get away with it.  Oh well ...

• Haha 1

The spelling difference “Premier” vs “Premiere” is actually important. Previously, when Princess sold drinks packages a la carte, it only had one alcoholic drink package and it was called “Premier” (no “e” at end).  When you bought plus, you were getting a bundle with the Premier drinks package, wifi, and crew appreciation.

When princess rolled out “Premiere” as an alternative to “Plus” the old drink package name became confusing.  So they changed it to “Plus”.  

You never had Premiere, the new package, you only had Premier, the old drink component which is now Plus.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I know that when the new Premiere package was announced, several of us who booked prior to Premiere being implemented had Premiere showing up in our summaries. Here's mine:

581383943_ScreenShot2022-06-27at10_44_44AM.thumb.png.05870551b5374819ee67e0c3e1343129.png

Well, now that the program has been rolled out, my summary now shows this:

957901345_ScreenShot2022-06-27at10_43_54AM.thumb.png.325a5a168a92b06535cec39ca53021c5.png

Two different packages. It doesn't matter what it was called, you're still getting the same description,  which is drinks up to $12 in price. 

• Like 1

The old plus fare included the Premier drink package which individually sold for $70 and change per day. That old package has now changed its name to the plus beverage package and the premier package is the new one that includes drinks up to $18.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Two different packages. It doesn't matter what it was called, you're still getting the same description,  which is drinks up to $12 in price. 

And you pay for the Plus package, not the Premiere package...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

It seems to me that Princess could have avoided some confusion if they'd called the new package some else, like "Ultimate" perhaps.

Princess is way too understaffed and economically strapped to do anything more than add an "e" to one of it's current beverage package names.  Anything more creative or labor intensive than that will make all of our cruise fares go up beyond the current steal of $100 per day that everyone keeps talking about.

• Like 2

This is all semantics. As I predicted the new plan is mostly for the wine drinkers not those of us who drink “normal” cocktails. The liquor list just shared in another thread includes Grey Goose and Bulliet on the list for plus package which suits our needs

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, Sea Hag said:

It seems to me that Princess could have avoided some confusion if they'd called the new package some else, like "Ultimate" perhaps.

That's the new next level one coming 🤣

• Haha 2