Downtown Boston from Cruise Port

rjrpar

31 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

Would like to know the easiest way to get to the start of the Freedom Trail.  Thanks in advance

Super easy and quick Uber/Lyft from the cruise terminal-- about $12. I would take it to Faneuil Hall and start from there. 

For the sake of time there are parts of the Freedom Trail you might not want to walk-- specifically getting over to Charlestown Navy Yard to see the Constitution which can take more time walking than its worth. I would Uber one way and take the MBTA ferry from Charlestown to Long Wharf back for a quick little scenic harbor cruise. 

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

Super easy and quick Uber/Lyft from the cruise terminal-- about $12. I would take it to Faneuil Hall and start from there. 

For the sake of time there are parts of the Freedom Trail you might not want to walk-- specifically getting over to Charlestown Navy Yard to see the Constitution which can take more time walking than its worth. I would Uber one way and take the MBTA ferry from Charlestown to Long Wharf back for a quick little scenic harbor cruise. 

Thanks, sounds like a good plan

3 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I was looking at the MBTA website and it offers several options. Will there be people available at their dock to offer assistance?

4 hours ago, rjrpar said:

I was looking at the MBTA website and it offers several options. Will there be people available at their dock to offer assistance?

For the ferry you just walk down to the Charlestown Navy Yard MBTA dock (lots of signs from the area around the USS Constitution and museum) and its the only boat that utilizes that dock. It takes you right to Long Wharf South downtown by the Marriott and adjacent to Faneuil Hall area. There aren't other ferries that depart Charlestown Navy Yard so you can't get on the wrong one. 

Its been years since I've used it but I believe you purchase the ticket at a booth right there on the dockside. Its cheap-- like $4 a person and you get a little bit of a harbor cruise. One of the best deals in town. 

I live near Boston and love this city!

FYI:  The T (subway system) is in disarray right now… station closings, train malfunctions…

You really should take an Uber, taxi, or any shuttle that may be offered at the cruise port!!

Btw, for a city tour consider doing a DuckBoat tour.  Fun way to see and learn much!

We walked the Freedom Trail 3 yrs ago. We took a taxi to the USS Constitution, the end of the trail and then walked to the beginning. We did this to alleviate crowds. It worked great.  Enjoy!!

On 6/29/2022 at 8:48 PM, roupa said:

Btw, for a city tour consider doing a DuckBoat tour.  Fun way to see and learn much!

OP might want to read some articles about DUCK Boats first

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/13/us/duck-boat-accident-coast-guard.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelgoldstein/2018/07/20/branson-disaster-are-duck-boat-tours-unsafe/?sh=5f4b357b4cb3