Website Booking errors - Princess

stevexc500

I'm curious if anyone is finding this issue. I have tried multiple devices, OS, browsers, networks...all the same issue.  When searching for cruises, if the price comes up in BLACK, you can get through to selecting the stateroom, but then encounter an error. If it's in RED, it works just fine. Example below. Anyone similar? Fixes? Princess reps can get through just fine.

Princess 3.jpg

Princess 2.jpg

Princess 1.jpg

Edited by stevexc500

13 minutes ago, stevexc500 said:

I'm curious if anyone is finding this issue. I have tried multiple devices, OS, browsers, networks...all the same issue.  When searching for cruises, if the price comes up in BLACK, you can get through to selecting the stateroom, but then encounter an error. If it's in RED, it works just fine. Example below. Anyone similar? Fixes? Princess reps can get through just fine.

Princess 3.jpg

Princess 2.jpg

Princess 1.jpg

It just looks like the red is the deal or sale price.  Maybe they are updating for the sale that starts June 30th?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I had a similar issue last night.  If I clicked on "Select a Stateroom For Me" it would continue for 1 or 2 more screens and then error with similar wording.  If I picked my own it sailed on through.

Do you get the "black" price on your searches? When I select "Choose Location for me," it doesn't go to any other screens, just the error (shown in images on original post) message. 

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It just looks like the red is the deal or sale price.  Maybe they are updating for the sale that starts June 30th?  

Alternatively, I got it to go to "red" on one search when I asked for the PLUS package pricing. Still got the errors when selecting a stateroom, however.

28 minutes ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

As of Friday, I know they were still having website issues regarding pricing. All is ok on their side when looking at cruisses and pricing, there is a glitch on the customer web page.

Thanks. What is interesting is that their customer service reps know nothing about the issue.

Well what happened was… I saw an identical cabin on our cruise at a lower fare. I emailed our cruise planner to ask if we could have some OBC instead of rebooking. 

she said she didn’t see the lower fare, could I send her what I was seeing, so I did. She said the website was showing discounted fares that it would not allow you to book. I did not try to book the lower fare until it was brought to my attention. Sure enough, you can’t book it…just get an error.

She did offer me some extra OBC if I wanted to book the cabin that was the same as ours under the current drink package/WiFi/tips rate. I don’t drink enough to make the drink package worth while, so we kept our original cabin. 

She was very nice and I appreciated her offer.

6 hours ago, ROXIETHEHORSE said:

As of Friday, I know they were still having website issues regarding pricing. All is ok on their side when looking at cruisses and pricing, there is a glitch on the customer web page.

After spending 5 days trying to book a cruise I asked my TA to try and, while he had initial issues on Sunday (yes, he jumped right on it on a Sunday) he was able to put a hold on the cruise and finalize it today. I had been able to get a quote via Live Chat that didn't agree with the pricing I was seeing every time before the site bombed when I chose a cabin. The price that Chat person gave me was $200 per person more than the price that was showing. When my TA was able to make the booking it was indeed at that higher price. I just now checked the web site and everything for that cruise now seems to be working fine - and it has the higher price listed. Soooooo... Perhaps those who are saying the errors when trying to book are related to new (higher) pricing being implemented are correct.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Perhaps those who are saying the errors when trying to book are related to new (higher) pricing being implemented are correct.

Hmmmmm, that makes some sense.  A sale and $1.00 deposits is coming later this week.  So, of course they need to raise the prices for that event.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Hmmmmm, that makes some sense.  A sale and $1.00 deposits is coming later this week.  So, of course they need to raise the prices for that event.

So far, our B2B2B for next year hasn't gone up. I'm holding my breath to be able to book those cruises under the $1 deposit promo. I'm really hoping the cruises won't suddenly go up. I'm planning to book immediately when the promo takes effect.

Note: Sorry about a previous "H, Holly" post. It was supposed to say, "Hi, Holly". Stupid old man with fingers riddled with arthritis. Hope you are having a great time. 😁

I think their website is definitely a bit wonky.  Recently I was shopping for cruises and found one that I liked.  I started the booking procedure and was shocked that there was no single supplement for a solo cruiser.  I stopped and went to my big box store travel agency's website to check their prices and found that I would have to pay the single supplement.  So, I went back to the Princess website and booked the cruise with no single supplement.  The same cabin was available on the next cruise, without a single supplement so I booked it also.   Every few days I check the prices for those two cruises with a mock booking and sometimes it will charge the single supplement and sometimes it doesn't.  Big box prices have never wavered.

She Who Must Be Obeyed says I should feel guilty about taking advantage of the glitch.  I don't.

• Haha 2

I spoke with my Cruise Consultant yesterday,.  Accord to her the pricing is wrong, hence the reason for the  issues. You can call and secure a booking,  My price  was $100.00 more per person for a suite. It is still a very good deal along with a small deposit.  This is for the cruise the OP mentioned.  

edit:  website appears to be working now,, at the pice I was quoted yesterday, but deposit a bit higher. 

Edited by milolii