Covid Testing in Canada

I am hoping someone who lives in Vancouver, BC  or someone who has sailed out of Vancouver can answer this question for me.  

We are cruising out of Vancouver in October.  We are flying in 3 days early, so we will need to take our Pre-cruise covid test in Vancouver.  We are staying downtown near the cruise port.  Are there any Walgreens, CVS, Rexall, etc.  where we can have the tests administered?  Or would it be easier to just purchase the proctored tests from RC and make the appt. for the proctoring?

Unfortunately there are no US based Pharmacies here in Vancouver.  100%... you should use the proctored test you can get from RC.  Us Canadians can use a proctored test via Switch Health kits but unfortunately, to my knowledge, they are not available to people in the US.   There are private clinics here in Vancouver, but they are very expensive.

I did the proctored test and it was easy to do on my phone using hotel Wi-Fi. I used Rapid Test and Trace and a test kit I brought from home. They're very quick to answer questions, so you can verify that the test you're planning to use is acceptable. 

On 6/27/2022 at 4:42 PM, Older cruiser said:

Try Shoppers Drug Mart. A quick search of their site shows several locations in Vancouver that offer Covid testing for $50 CDN.

We used Shoppers Drug Mart the day before our Alaska cruise. The closest one is on W. Pender. It took us 22 minutes to walk from the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel but only  because my wife has to walk slowly. I could walk it in half that time. Appointments need to be booked by phone. We arrived early and were dealt with immediately. 

On 7/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, david,Mississauga said:

We used Shoppers Drug Mart the day before our Alaska cruise. The closest one is on W. Pender. It took us 22 minutes to walk from the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel but only  because my wife has to walk slowly. I could walk it in half that time. Appointments need to be booked by phone. We arrived early and were dealt with immediately. 

Thank you!

On 7/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, david,Mississauga said:

Will it matter that we are from the United States?