Realistic Time Frame From Seattle Disembarkation To Airport Flight?

fassmp

We'll be returning to Chicago after disembarking RCI Ovation in Seattle.  We dock at 6:00 a.m. and are wondering if it is unrealistic to think that we can make an 11:00 a.m. flight, after having to go through port customs and airport security.  Has anyone had this experience with this type of time frame to make a flight out of Seattle?  Also has anyone used Port Valet?  Looking for advice based on other people's experiences.

11am should be doable. Do you have TSA Precheck/CLEAR? If you have both, 11am is easily doable. If you don't have either, I highly recommend SEA Spot Saver, which is kind of like a "FastPass" for regular security:

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

If you're coming back on a Sunday, you won't have as much traffic through the city. If you come back on a weekday you'll  hit a bit of traffic. 

For reference, I was off fairly late off the boat (8:45) since I'm local, got a Lyft at 9:15 and I was able to get to my house which is twice as long by 10am. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, fassmp said:

Thanks, we do have Global Entry and plan on using Port Valet, so we will only have our carry on luggage to get from the ship to the airport.

Have you confirmed how early Port Valet allows your flight to be?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fassmp said:

Thanks, we do have Global Entry and plan on using Port Valet, so we will only have our carry on luggage to get from the ship to the airport.

Global Entry (at least for Pier 91 when I was there in May) was not an option, however, the passport check was very fast regardless.