Transportation: Elizabeth area Hotel to Cape Liberty and back?

parkbr

What would be the best way to get to Cape Liberty from Elizabeth area?

We got a hotel (stay and cruise) there and I wonder if Uber/Lyft would be a good option. How much should I expect? 

Also, is there wi-fi at Cape Liberty cruise terminal? 

FYI, we are 2 adults + 1 child and most likely 3 carry-on's or 2 medium sized suit case. 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, parkbr said:

What would be the best way to get to Cape Liberty from Elizabeth area?

We got a hotel (stay and cruise) there and I wonder if Uber/Lyft would be a good option. How much should I expect?

Uber/Lyft is your best bet. Depending on where in Elizabeth plan on about $25-28 each way in an UberX. $38-40 each way in an UberXL.

13 hours ago, parkbr said:

Also, is there wi-fi at Cape Liberty cruise terminal? 

The few times we ever cruised out of here we were in and out of the terminal so quickly I never needed to ask. I'm sure someone else can answer. 

Public transportation between Elizabeth and Bayonne is not convenient, and even if it were to be attempted, there is no public transportation to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port itself. Not many choices other than private transportation, such as a TNC vehicle.

(Years ago, the Central Railroad of New Jersey operated passenger trains between Elizabeth and the 33rd Street station in Bayonne, located right outside of what is now Cape Liberty Cruise Port (then, the Military Ocean Terminal). After the Aldene Plan was implemented in 1967 most trains were rerouted away from Bayonne (and into Newark instead), with only a shuttle--a rail diesel car frequently referred to as the "Scoot"--remaining. Few rode the shuttle to Bayonne, and in 1978 Conrail (the successor to the Central Railroad of New Jersey) discontinued the service. Since then nothing has remained for persons desiring public transportation between Elizabeth and Bayonne, other than a long round-about trip through Jersey City. A quarter century later, in 2004, cruise vessels began operating out of Bayonne, and perhaps the shuttle from Elizabeth could have been used had it survived. But with the railroad bridge across Newark Bay gone, and the right-of-way within Bayonne now being used for light rail service with scant likelihood of service resuming to Elizabeth, there would appear to be no reasonable chance that any transportation will be made available between Elizabeth and Bayonne within our lifetimes.)