Help with Schiphol Airport Please

Ashland

This will be a new airport for us to depart from on Aug 7th. I've been reading of all the problems with this airport.

We'll be coming off the RCI Jewel due to dock in Amsterdam at 6:00am. We'll have concierge service and will self disembark asap.

We have a DL One flight AMS-LAX via SEA booked at 2:30pm. Can anyone give me an idea of how departing from this airport works? Which lines do I get in first  (we will have checked luggage) and will our first class booking with DL help at all  and if so where? 

I appreciate any help you can offer...So we'll in the very least have some idea how to navigate this apparent madhouse.

Thanks so much !!

The airport is actually well marked and easy to navigate.  The issues have been in checking in and getting through security.  You will first find the kiosk for you airline, check your bags and head upstairs to go through security.  If you allow 4 hours you will have plenty of time.  You can see from this diagram how easy the airport is laid out but with long walking distances.   Here is the airport website.  https://www.schiphol.nl/en/

BB50640D-4A8A-4383-A6C3-613A116F3028.jpeg

• Thanks 1

just like most airports  find you  airline check in counter

if you see a long line  make sure you get in the line for first class 

or do the self check in

then follow the signs  to the boarding area ..you will go through several check points  to get there

They have machines that you put your passport in & the gate opens then on to the next  area

Head to the first class lounge   (not DL)..when we were there pre covid  they were limiting the number of people in the lounge  so you want to go early  as you may have to wait to get in

Lots of things to do in the terminal after you pass the security  shopping etc..

http://www.amsterdam-advisor.com/schiphol-airport-map.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1