Rideshare drop off/pick up at Manhattan cruise terminal

vickig315

I'm assuming yes, but is there a designated dropoff and more importantly pick up point for rideshare services similar to what you would find at an airport? Uber/Lyft seem like the best option for us, but the cruise line shuttle is also about the same price.  I just don't want to be wandering at trying to find a car with luggage and if it's a hassle would rather do the shuttle.

7 minutes ago, vickig315 said:

I'm assuming yes, but is there a designated dropoff and more importantly pick up point for rideshare services similar to what you would find at an airport? Uber/Lyft seem like the best option for us, but the cruise line shuttle is also about the same price.  I just don't want to be wandering at trying to find a car with luggage and if it's a hassle would rather do the shuttle.

No theres not. Dropping off is easy-- they can take you right to the drop off point in front of your terminal. 

Pickup is inconsistent. Technically they don't let empty ride share vehicles up to the terminal. Most folks walk across 12th Ave and get picked up there. It's not a huge hassle and can be less time then in a cab line if it's a big ship. 

We have had luck with UberBlack pickups at the terminal where they have been let up to get us outside on the ramp outside of the terminal building. I'm not sure if they distinguish between UberBlack and UberX because of their T&LC licensing differences. This happened with a smaller ship (Oceania Insignia) so maybe they weren't being as strict that day with fewer people-- who knows. 

I wouldn't hesitate to Uber TO the terminal. If you think the shuttle is a wash, and you don't want the possible hassle of walking across the street, then I would do that upon arrival. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

No theres not. Dropping off is easy-- they can take you right to the drop off point in front of your terminal. 

Pickup is inconsistent. Technically they don't let empty ride share vehicles up to the terminal. Most folks walk across 12th Ave and get picked up there. It's not a huge hassle and can be less time then in a cab line if it's a big ship. 

We have had luck with UberBlack pickups at the terminal where they have been let up to get us outside on the ramp outside of the terminal building. I'm not sure if they distinguish between UberBlack and UberX because of their T&LC licensing differences. This happened with a smaller ship (Oceania Insignia) so maybe they weren't being as strict that day with fewer people-- who knows. 

I wouldn't hesitate to Uber TO the terminal. If you think the shuttle is a wash, and you don't want the possible hassle of walking across the street, then I would do that upon arrival. 

Thanks so much for this response, that's exactly the info I needed!!! Appreciate you!