Pre-Boarding luggage drop off in seattle pier 91

jennianne

My 89 year old mom and I will be traveling to alaska the end of July on RC. We have a boarding time of 11am, but our hotel is out by the airport. We are both pretty early risers, so we'd like to head downtown as soon as we are up so we aren't stressed about traffic issues. We won't want to sit at the port for hours, though! I was wondering if we would be able to drop our bags off early and then uber or walk over to a coffee shop for a light breakfast and people watching. We won't want to do this with our big rolling bags, since i'll probably be the one schlepping everything around! Anyone know what time the porters are able to start taking checked bags? Thanks!

there isn't much near Pier 91 as its in an industrial area.  If your a bit adventuresome then you could take light rail downtown to Westlake Station and leave bags at a hotel such as Westin.  Look around then cab or uber to pier.

• Like 1

With an 11 am boarding time and likely not being able to drop your bags off much earlier than 9-10 am, I would just stay at the pier.  Not worth the time and expense to go out and back, especially with an 89 year old in tow.

• Like 1