Parking at Canada Place-Vancouver

flpenguin

Has anyone parked at Canada Place and prepaid and reserved a spot.  When I google Canada Place it comes up Indigo.com but then when you click on reserve a spot it takes me to WestPark Canada Place.  Just making sure they are the same and it's the website for the parking garage at Canada Place.

Thank you in advance

Something has gone wrong @flpenguin - Indigo do operate the lot at the actual pier and Westpark became Indigo in the last year or so, so if anything you should expect to click on an old Westpark link and get bumpred to Indigo but not the other way around!

However, parking at Canada Place cannot be done online - you have to call them. It's specifically this lot (034), at 999 Canada Place. The contact number and email address is on that page, and booking in advance attracts a hefty extra charge $32 per day instead of $23.48 if you risk just driving up).

They will let you book the lot under the Pacific Rim hotel online for $23.48 per day - that's the same distance as the other convention centre parking, opposite side of the road, both are barely over 100 yards extra walk if you want to save a few bucks. The larger West side of the conv centre (1055 Canada Place) has parking run by Impark - if memory serves they charge $24 per day, but might offer longer-term discounts for a week+

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JDinWA said:

I've always booked and paid for my parking at the Vancouver cruise port online. You start at https://canadaplace.parkindigo.com/reserve-a-space.html

I certainly hope that I'm wrong and that link does still work out JD, as it would be much more convenient for OP and others who want to park at the pier - there are a few weird elements on the pages, like email addresses using the old Westpark domain, but hopefully that's just some sloppy recoding after the Westpark>Indigo changeover...

I think you posted elsewhere that you were driving up for a cruise soon, so please do come back & let us know if the reso worked smoothly for you - I'll bookmark that site if so, as the main Indigo site still pops 'online booking not available' for the Canada Place location when I checked it just now, so there's definitely some sort of 'left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing' thing going on.

I used that link to make my reservation last week, so hopefully it should still work. 🙂 My initial email confirmation came from WestPark Canada Place, but a follow-up email came from INDIGO (CA) - VAN - Canada Place, so they're still tweaking the name change in various places.

They've changed the instructions, though. We used to have to scan the confirmation barcode on entry and exit. Now, it says " Effective August 15, 2022, you will no longer need to scan your bar code when arriving or departing." So I guess they're just going to manually check license plate# to see that parked cars have already paid...?

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 1:45 PM, JDinWA said:

I used that link to make my reservation last week, so hopefully it should still work. 🙂 My initial email confirmation came from WestPark Canada Place, but a follow-up email came from INDIGO (CA) - VAN - Canada Place, so they're still tweaking the name change in various places.

They've changed the instructions, though. We used to have to scan the confirmation barcode on entry and exit. Now, it says " Effective August 15, 2022, you will no longer need to scan your bar code when arriving or departing." So I guess they're just going to manually check license plate# to see that parked cars have already paid...?

Many parking lots in Vancouver have moved away from gates and attendants.  Hard to find staff these days.  

They usually have vehicles with cameras that they will drive up and down the lanes.  The computer checks the plates against the database.

• Thanks 2

I parked at Canada Place for 7 days in June.  Booked ahead of time.  Unfortunately, the code on my confirmation didn't work when I was leaving.  Finally, an employee came along and fixed things.

Still trying to get a one day overcharge refunded to me.  Indigo, WestPark, beats me.

7 hours ago, quack2 said:

Still trying to get a one day overcharge refunded to me.  Indigo, WestPark, beats me.

Oh that reminded me of one issue with the online booking: it isn't obvious when you make your reservation that you should set time as well as date. I just chose the arrival and departure dates and booked it, then I noticed that my confirmation charged 8 days instead of 7. I had to revise the reservation to set appropriate times on each date, otherwise it assumed a full 24 hours on each date.

• Like 1

What I'm doing is staying the night before the cruise at the Radisson on Cambie, using their 15-day parking rate.  That's because I'm doing a B2B so I'll be on the ship two weeks.  And I prefer driving up the day before rather than taking a chance on good traffic with no holdups anywhere on I-5 on the morning of the cruise.  So it's working out best for me at just about $510 USD for the two weeks.  Plus the Radisson is just a couple of steps from the Aberdeen SkyTrain (Canada Line route) station. 

In the past I've always taken the Amtrak Cascades for cruises departing from Vancouver but they won't have that train up and running 'til the end of the cruise season.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 3:29 PM, AV8rix said:

What I'm doing is staying the night before the cruise at the Radisson on Cambie, using their 15-day parking rate.  That's because I'm doing a B2B so I'll be on the ship two weeks.  And I prefer driving up the day before rather than taking a chance on good traffic with no holdups anywhere on I-5 on the morning of the cruise.  So it's working out best for me at just about $510 USD for the two weeks.  Plus the Radisson is just a couple of steps from the Aberdeen SkyTrain (Canada Line route) station. 

In the past I've always taken the Amtrak Cascades for cruises departing from Vancouver but they won't have that train up and running 'til the end of the cruise season.

You might want to consider parking at the long term lot (Templeton) at YVR.  It is less than half of the cost   of parking at the Radissson.  You need to book in advance and discounts are available if you are a AAA member.  The Skytrain station at right there as well.  Check out the YVR website parking.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coquitlam Cruiser said:

You might want to consider parking at the long term lot (Templeton) at YVR.  It is less than half of the cost   of parking at the Radissson.  You need to book in advance and discounts are available if you are a AAA member.  The Skytrain station at right there as well.  Check out the YVR website parking.  

Thanks, already knew that.  I had actually signed up and paid for 2-week parking at YVR before booking the Radisson.  However, I was still going to drive up the day before for reasons that I had already stated.  So an overnight booking at a hotel near YVR plus the parking came out to be about the same $$.  Therefore I opted for the Radisson deal because it was less driving around.  Just easier parking at same place I was staying. 

But thanks again for your suggestion.  Anytime you locals suggest anything to help out-of-towners it is appreciated and potentially helpful.

Edited by AV8rix