cruise dates oct 2023?

rach1fun

I am trying for a Caribbean cruise for Oct 2023 because it works with my kids school schedule.  I see there are cruises out for later in 2023 and 2024, but not October.  Any reason there is a blackout for that month?  Maybe they'll come out later?  We've done 4 Oct cruises in the past, and they have them scheduled for this year October, so I know it's not that they just don't cruise the caribbean then...  I know there is plenty of time, but I'm antsy lol.  

7 hours ago, delaware32 said:

We're booked on the Joy out of NYC mid-October 2023. I don't how long you're longing for, but our trip is 12 days.

Is that the repositioning that ends in Miami?   I think October is still considered hurricane season.

13 hours ago, delaware32 said:

We're booked on the Joy out of NYC mid-October 2023. I don't how long you're longing for, but our trip is 12 days.

I did see that one, but that's too long for us.  My kids will already be missing 3 days of school, can't do more...

• Like 1

we booked a 9 day cruise out of athens march, 2023 and one from copenhagen to london july 2023.

we cancelled both ,as there is a much better (cheaper) cruise this nov. it's 11 days instead of 9 , haven instead of the dawn, a few 1000 cheaper, and a more inclusive itinerary (with ports identical plus a few more. 

the july we cancelled because i thought the price was to high.

but 2023 cruises do exist

33 minutes ago, delaware32 said:

It does end in Miami and yes, technically it still is hurricane season. We have sailed many times in October(mid to late) and it's been okay. So, you have to figure in the risk. It's a personal decision.

Yes, I agree.  We've been looking at that same cruise. 😎