Hotel between Boston and Cape Liberty

redhead621

We’re at the Residence Inn in Jersey City and couldn’t be more pleased with the location and price. It’s convenient to most things and at the entrance to the Grove St. Path train station for a quick trip into Manhattan if desired.  Lots of cool restaurants and bars within walking distance.  The only thing that I can’t help you with is the parking as we took the Acela to Newark Penn Station and then the Path train from Newark Penn to Grove Street.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

We’re at the Residence Inn in Jersey City and couldn’t be more pleased with the location and price. It’s convenient to most things and at the entrance to the Grove St. Path train station for a quick trip into Manhattan if desired.  Lots of cool restaurants and bars within walking distance.  The only thing that I can’t help you with is the parking as we took the Acela to Newark Penn Station and then the Path train from Newark Penn to Grove Street.  

I believe you are among the growing number of people who intelligently opt for rail (rather than air) and public (rather than own-auto) travel to ports. Fuel, traffic. parking, and cost considerations seem likely to bring about a resurgence of rail travel.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 6:29 AM, redhead621 said:

Driving down from Boston to Cape Liberty and thinking about driving down day before.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel?  Doesn't need to be in NYC, would rather someplace quieter. Thanks 

Hi,

We are also driving to CL from MA.  Have you found any good hotels on the route?

1 hour ago, Stretch21 said:

Hi,

We are also driving to CL from MA.  Have you found any good hotels on the route?

Depending upon your taste and budget, there are many about an hour from CL - La Quinta just at I-95’s Exit 6 - with a pretty good diner on premises for about $75, and Hyatt Regency in Greenwich for $275 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 9:57 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Depending upon your taste and budget, there are many about an hour from CL - La Quinta just at I-95’s Exit 6 - with a pretty good diner on premises for about $75, and Hyatt Regency in Greenwich for $275 or so.

If that La Quinta is the one in Stamford, CT, we stayed there in March of this year. Just be warned that it is not updated and parts of the room looked pretty old.  It also lacked detailed cleaning, like baseboards and floor corners had accumulated dirt on/in them.  The diner food was OK, but if you're imagining a diner with low prices, this is not it.