QV Masks are back

Poole Boy

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I don't think it matters when any booking was made. This virus and its protocols seem to be a moveable feast and as such, anyone booking should be prepared to go with last minute changes of flow or move the bookings to '23 or '24.

I disagree. Back then, the talk was things are going to be ok, soon back to normal. Omicron did not exist, people were starting to think about their future as a back to normal living and vaccines were the way out of this.

15 minutes ago, cook68 said:

I disagree. Back then, the talk was things are going to be ok, soon back to normal. Omicron did not exist, people were starting to think about their future as a back to normal living and vaccines were the way out of this.

Back in November, the GOV UK site admitted the path of the pandemic could change course rapidly and it was hard to predict what would happen.

The sunny outlook was to shout hurrah, the vaccines are here and life is returning to normal. The more realistic amongst us thought not yet it isn't, and Cunard have always said  they will be guided by the agencies  they have advising them  so no, I'm sorry, it may have seemed this nightmare was coming to an end when in reality, it was and still is, lingering and I stand by the comment you disagree with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We will continue to wear masks when recommended and adhere to the recommended restrictions throughout the ship in the hope that it will protect ourselves and other people we all have to live with covid and surly wearing a mask is a very small price to pay so we can enjoy our cruises once again. 

• Like 5

On 6/29/2022 at 6:41 PM, Melissa Roberts said:

Thank you @Poole Boy Are you currently onboard QV as I am curious if mask wearing is mandatory or an advisory? I am unsure of Cunard’s definition of ‘ask’ as outlined in their letter. Thanks

Yes, I am onboard for ask infer mandatory, and to be fair almost everyone is wearing a mask.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Poole Boy said:

Yes, I am onboard for ask infer mandatory, and to be fair almost everyone is wearing a mask.

That's good to hear, thanks for letting us know. I hope you're having a good trip.