Disembark Athens

CoG72crewz

Our cruise in August is scheudled to end in Athens.  Our documents state that the ship will arrive at 5 AM but I'm more interested in when we will be disembarking.  If anyone has recent experience disembarking in Athens and could let me know approximately what time we may be off the ship, I'd appreciate it.

That was my experience a few months ago - and all off by 9. But be prepared for the unexpected as Greek authorities can be a law unto themselves always changing rules, adding in extra checks or as on one cruise just not turning up to allow the process to start. 

• Like 4

We had our local tour pickup scheduled for 9, so the morning was not rushed.  Many (most?) people had left by that time.  Our flight wasn't until evening, so we combined touring with airport transportation.

If you needed to, you might have been able to get off (self-carry bags) as early as 7:30, but hard to count on that exactly.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

We had our local tour pickup scheduled for 9, so the morning was not rushed.  Many (most?) people had left by that time.  Our flight wasn't until evening, so we combined touring with airport transportation.

If you needed to, you might have been able to get off (self-carry bags) as early as 7:30, but hard to count on that exactly.   

We disembarked Journey this past Monday. While the Captain had announced a 6 am arrival the night before there was apparently some issueswhich delayed our entrance into the port. I believe we actually did not dock until 7:30. A friend who was awake early told me that some pax were panicking as they had fairly early flights to catch at Athens Airport. Many passengers were waiting on Deck Five and at 9 am the cruise director Stephen made an announcement that EVERYONE had to get off, this despite the fact that our #12 luggage tags were designated independent and gave us until 9:30. This was awful as many people were crowded into one single, narrow stairwell at the front of the ship or waiting in lines for elevators. Not ideal IMHO. We had pre-arranged for a private driver to meet us at 9:15. Once in the terminal we were able to locate our bags then go out and find our driver. We arrived at the airport around 10:30 am and it was pretty congested. There were insanely long lines for every airlines if you were economy. We were flying business on Aegean to London and were checked in very promptly and given fast track for security. The Aegean lounge was beautiful by the way. 

• Like 1