Islands of Contrast cruise in September

DW and I will be taking our second Hebridean Island cruise on September 20. It's called "Islands of Contrast" and will be visiting ports in both the Inner and Outer Hebrides. 

Our original "On the trail of Bonnie Prince Charlie" cruise was planned for September of 2020, but we all know what happened that year. So, this is our make-up voyage and while the ports are not identical, there is some overlap. 

I have no idea how many of the past officers and crew will still be around, but hoping many of them will be. Anyone out there know who the Purser will be on that voyage?

• 3 months later...

Back from our cruise which was great -- lovely weather, interesting ports of call, nice fellow passengers, and wonderful crew. Sadly, the wonderful Chief Pursers Ian Gibson and Dave Inge have moved on -- the latter retired and the former reportedly working with Fred Olsen Cruises. More to follow in due course.

I'm glad you had a great time!  I was wondering how it went for you, after the whole COVID fiasco.

We were lucky enough to have Dave the last time we cruised, which was in 2019.  I'm sorry we missed having Iain again.  I did get to meet him on our 2016 cruise, when he was the hotel manager.  I'll never forget how he performed Ode to a Haggis for us.  It was probably the best I've ever seen it done anywhere, anytime!

Now that the COVID mess is settling down somewhat, and Germany is finally relaxing most of the rules, it may be time to go shopping for another cruise!  I look forward to reading your review of your latest Hebridean cruise.

• Like 1