Odyssey Southern Caribbean

Just got off Symphony and while onboard booked a 8 day Southern in March 2023 on Odyssey. Looking a something different as we haven’t been on a southern itinerary or a quantum class ship. Seemed likes a good price too…

Just looking for feedback on the itinerary/ship. 4 sea days seems like a lot but also get a long stay in Aruba. Mariner adds an additional port in the Dominican Republic but is over $1,000 more and in the summer. Wonder of the Seas also has a unique itinerary as a backup.

We did this exact itinerary in February 2022.  I absolutely loved it.  Odyssey is a great ship and there is plenty to do onboard so the sea days were no problem for us.  Great entertainment, lots of great specialty dining options and a fantastic crew made it a trip to remember.  Nassau is Nassau, we just walked around and shopped a little and then were back on board for a late lunch at Playmakers. However, Aruba and Curacao were great stops that we enjoyed very much. 

I did a sort of semi-live review back in February if you want to take a look. Also, if you have any specific questions I'd be glad to answer anything.

EDIT: I just noticed that yours goes to Labadee instead of Nassau.  That will be a great trip, enjoy!

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

We did this exact itinerary in February 2022.  I absolutely loved it.  Odyssey is a great ship and there is plenty to do onboard so the sea days were no problem for us.  Great entertainment, lots of great specialty dining options and a fantastic crew made it a trip to remember.  Nassau is Nassau, we just walked around and shopped a little and then were back on board for a late lunch at Playmakers. However, Aruba and Curacao were great stops that we enjoyed very much. 

I did a sort of semi-live review back in February if you want to take a look. Also, if you have any specific questions I'd be glad to answer anything.

EDIT: I just noticed that yours goes to Labadee instead of Nassau.  That will be a great trip, enjoy!

Great Review! I’m for keeping this cruise but girlfriend and her 12 year old like the idea of switching to Wonder of the Seas as it goes has a rare itinerary to DR that week. They loved Symphony but I’m ready for something different! Haha

2 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Great Review! I’m for keeping this cruise but girlfriend and her 12 year old like the idea of switching to Wonder of the Seas as it goes has a rare itinerary to DR that week. They loved Symphony but I’m ready for something different! Haha

Have you told the 12 year old about the seaplex?  My son went on the Quantum when he was 12 and it was new and he loved it.

We did this itinerary this past April.  Really enjoyed it.  Lots to do on board.  Book iFly and NorthStar early once on board.  Seaplex is great and adults can watch lids from Playmakers which has great burgers, beers and cookies.

• Like 1

Does anyone have the cruise compass for this Odyssey itinerary, the 8 day southern with Labadee? All I’m seeing for the compass for Odyssey 8 day southern is with a stop in the Bahamas.
day 2: at sea; day 3: Labadee; day 4: at sea; day 5: Aruba; day 6: curaçao; day 7: at sea

11 hours ago, kovacsmi said:

Does anyone have the cruise compass for this Odyssey itinerary, the 8 day southern with Labadee? All I’m seeing for the compass for Odyssey 8 day southern is with a stop in the Bahamas.
day 2: at sea; day 3: Labadee; day 4: at sea; day 5: Aruba; day 6: curaçao; day 7: at sea

I’m not sure if any has sailed yet. I think Labadee is added for when it comes back from Europe this summer

I sailed Odyssey in April, 8 night that went to CoCo Cay, Curaçao and Aruba. We had four sea days. It was amazing! I loved the itinerary so much I’m doing an 8 nt Allure Southern Caribbean in September. Odyssey is a great ship. I loved how much there was to do. I liked the design of the ship a lot and would love to sail on it again.