All my backs are packed...I´m ready to go

schattenfell71

Hello from Germany!

Here we go....everything is planned.

We will leave tomorrow morning for a train ride to Kiel, Germany.

Then we will go aboard the QV for the 10 day Norwegian cruise. We are fully vaccinated and the test from day is negative (YES!!!).

After the cruise there will be a private shuttle waiting for us in Southampton bringing us to London for a 2 days seightseeing nightmare.

We have tickets for ABBA Voyage and we will do all those tourists hot spots.

Then we will leave with the Eurostar over Amsterdam to our hometown.

We are so excited about this !!

I will do a trip report when we are back and perhaps some little notes when we will have internet.

So.....let´s go.

Greetings

Thorsten

• Like 12

Based on the title of this thread, I thought this was going to be a perfect fit to the John Denver song "Leaving on a Jet Plane". But then I see you are leaving on a train instead. Never mind, it wouldn't have been a perfect fit anyway, since unlike the song, you presumably do know when you'll be back again. 😄

Have a great trip and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

We are on the train to Kiel. We will be there in 4 hours with enough time until boarding🤗

How exciting. Have a wonderful holiday and I look forward to your report, warts and all.

Sounds like a great trip.

If you go to Westminster Abby be sure to purchase your tickets online in advance highly recommend including the extra 4.50Pounds for the Queens Jubilee Exhibit in the attic of the Abby. Very interesting. 

Jack

29 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks and is that traditional second sitting, same table and table companions every night ?

I guess yes because it was our first evening yesterday  The waiters told us that they are responsible for us now.  So I guess same table each day. I can tell more later in Southampton

• Like 1

I trust @schattenfell71 won't mind me rotating his photo. Assuming this photo was taken on a phone, I'm pretty sure the issue is that the way the phone was held when the photo was taken is considered upside down. This is usually not a problem because the phone indicates the photo needs to be rotated 180 degrees within the image's EXIF information. Most software reads that information and automatically rotates the image. Unfortunately when you upload a photo as an attachment to Cruise Critic, that process apparently ignores the request to rotate the image, resulting in an image attachment that is upside down. The work-around is to rotate your phone 180 degrees from the way you have been holding it when taking photos in landscape orientation.

02c08cdb5a8c71e09b87c67784ad3bf7.thumb.jpg.ae6e1909e593050156e27ba9e67740af.jpg

P.S. The other ship in the photo is Island Princess. That's a ship we were on many years ago on a Panama Canal itinerary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I trust @schattenfell71 won't mind me rotating his photo. Assuming this photo was taken on a phone, I'm pretty sure the issue is that the way the phone was held when the photo was taken is considered upside down. This is usually not a problem because the phone indicates the photo needs to be rotated 180 degrees within the image's EXIF information. Most software reads that information and automatically rotates the image. Unfortunately when you upload a photo as an attachment to Cruise Critic, that process apparently ignores the request to rotate the image, resulting in an image attachment that is upside down. The work-around is to rotate your phone 180 degrees from the way you have been holding it when taking photos in landscape orientation.

02c08cdb5a8c71e09b87c67784ad3bf7.thumb.jpg.ae6e1909e593050156e27ba9e67740af.jpg

P.S. The other ship in the photo is Island Princess. That's a ship we were on many years ago on a Panama Canal itinerary.

Interestingly, it looks almost as strange the right way up, as if the ship has been beached in a small desert.

Thanks for rotating the picture. It was taking on the shuttle bus from Skagen. We are at Southampton and the cruise is great. The 2nd seating is the same table each night. We have a table for two. The ship was so empty until now. They told us that this cruise will be with 1.000 persons. Yesterday i was alone at the Lido pool deck. Looking forward to all new guests today.

• Like 3