Rainforest visit the day before the cruise?

luv1cruise

I am looking into taking the Voyager of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean this November or December.

If we fly into San Juan PR the day before the cruise, arriving around 2pm, would we still have enough daylight/time to do a rain forest tour? 

Would you suggest checking into the hotel first, or do any the tour companies pick up from the airport directly?

Can anyone suggest a tour company which does more laid-back tours?  I am traveling with my elderly mother who would like to see the rain forest but is not up for hiking, zip-lining, etc.  We are looking more for sight seeing, riding through for scenery, with short stops to see plants and/or animals, type-of-thing.

If you don't think that is do-able the day before the cruise, do you think it would be possible to do it the day that we return on the ship if our flight leaves around 4pm?

We have been to San Juan once before (several years before COVID) and did OSJ, but did not get to the rain forest, so we are really hoping that we are going to fit it in during our quick time frame.

Thanks for any and all help!  

On 6/29/2022 at 10:18 PM, luv1cruise said:

I am looking into taking the Voyager of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean this November or December.

If we fly into San Juan PR the day before the cruise, arriving around 2pm, would we still have enough daylight/time to do a rain forest tour? 

Would you suggest checking into the hotel first, or do any the tour companies pick up from the airport directly?

Can anyone suggest a tour company which does more laid-back tours?  I am traveling with my elderly mother who would like to see the rain forest but is not up for hiking, zip-lining, etc.  We are looking more for sight seeing, riding through for scenery, with short stops to see plants and/or animals, type-of-thing.

If you don't think that is do-able the day before the cruise, do you think it would be possible to do it the day that we return on the ship if our flight leaves around 4pm?

We have been to San Juan once before (several years before COVID) and did OSJ, but did not get to the rain forest, so we are really hoping that we are going to fit it in during our quick time frame.

Thanks for any and all help!  

Check time lines - Without any delays

Arrive 2pm

Get luggage 3pm

Get cab 3.15 earliest 

Arrive hotel and check in 3.45

Drop luggage 4pm

Start drive to Rain Forest 4.15

Arrive/Start tour 5.30 - Dusk starting

Sunset (dark) 7pm

If workable, get the Hotel to arrange the tour cab at checkin