Which cruise would you choose?

I too would take Voyager. Maybe because it was my first ship and I have a soft spot for her. But the itinerary is what does it for me. 

Maybe it's just me, but I never really put a lot of stock into what *might* make my sometimes sweet, sometimes surly teen happy on vacation. DH and I did not have vacations like cruising when we were her age, so she is fortunate to even get that kind of trip. We chose based on where we thought as a family we would enjoy spending time together. And price and logistics factored into it too. 

She is grown now but we are actually going on a family cruise in August. She doesn't care what ship or where we go, but is excited about spending 9 nights on a cruise with her mom, dad and grandpa celebrating her graduation from graduate school, grandpa's 80th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV

• Like 1

Definitely an itinerary vs. ship question.  In general (with many exceptions of course) itinerary is more important for older people and the ship is more important for younger people.  Your daughters will definitely enjoy either Harmony or Wonder more than Voyager.  I've been to Cozumel many times but don't mind as we usually spend the day at Nachi Cocom.  

Neither of the three ships is "best." But each of the three ships will be best to some folks for different reasons. Wonder and Harmony can overwhelm you, they are that big. Beautiful, however. Voyager is beautiful, on a smaller scale. Parents and older teenage daughters will enjoy a cruise on either of the three ships 

- For port of embarkation, Port Canaveral is a much more pleasant experience to get your cruise started. That will keep you away from the congestive mess of South Florida and Port Everglades/Port of Miami.

- Harmony now resides at Port Canaveral but will relocate to Ft. Lauderdale in the fall of 2022. She will be replaced at Port Canaveral by Wonder who will take up residence there upon arrival from Europe. Her itinerary is a close second to Voyager...very close.

- Voyager, arguably, has the best itinerary but at the cost of a Miami experience and a much longer drive on I-95 or the Florida Turnpike.

For these reasons, Wonder seems the best choice to me. You'll spend more money, but it will save lots of stress and headache. That should pretty much make for a more enjoyable family cruise. What is it they say...priceless?

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy answer, Wonder.

You don't want to do those 3+ extra hours to south Florida. You are right at 8 hours to Pt Canaveral now. 

Are they driving?  I didn't see where they stated.

Edited by time4u2go

On 6/29/2022 at 7:48 PM, Beachdreams99 said:

I'm torn between three ships and their itineraries. My husband and I are traveling with our 17 and 18 year old daughters. I'm not concerned about the teen room because my youngest likely won't go in it. I know Wonder of the Seas is the newest and best but it's a lot more. Voyager has the one place I'd like to go (Tortola) but not sure the girls will like it as much. Harmony is good but I'm torn on its itinerary and Wonder's. I'm usually more decisive than this but the cost of Wonder has me a little stuck.  Here are three and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Voyager of the Seas 

St Croix, Tortola, Coco Cay

Harmony of the Seas

Coco Cay, Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel

Wonder of the Seas

St Thomas, Coco Cay, St Martin

I would do Wonder.  Newer ship and all those ports are good. Next would be the Voyager more for the ports and less of the ship.  Harmony would be last. Western is ok, but I like all the other ports listed, but the Oasis class ships are nice

3 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Are they driving?  I didn't see where they stated.

They are in Marietta. We drove from there all the time. One and done for Ft Lauderdale though. To hard

On 6/30/2022 at 1:19 PM, Surfguyxxx said:

I'm a St. Maarten fan so I'd go with the Wonder.  

Ever been to Juggies there? In all the caribbean St. Marten is one of our favorite stops just because of Juggies.  Anyone know of other caribbean haunts that have local character about it that cruisers might be a part of? Like a 'Cheers' bar where everyone knows your...well, maybe not your name, but that your "a-cruisin' " soul. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

Ever been to Juggies there? In all the caribbean St. Marten is one of our favorite stops just because of Juggies.  Anyone know of other caribbean haunts that have local character about it that cruisers might be a part of? Like a 'Cheers' bar where everyone knows your...well, maybe not your name, but that your "a-cruisin' " soul. 

Friends of ours love Juggies. Cant wait to go there someday

Peppers Jerk Center in Falmouth is a fun place. Probably 3 or 4 blocks from pier

Edited by John&LaLa

3 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

I have 🤣.  Good times there but it's been a while.  Last few times I just headed straight to Orient Beach 😎😉