PRE CRUISE HOTEL IN LONG BEACH WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO STORES

jamscckmc

• 4 weeks later...

This one is kind of hard. We live in Long Beach and the area where the Long Beach Cruise terminal is located is on a peninsula next to the Queen Mary. There are no hotels or retail spaces other than resturants within walking distance. 

There are lots of hotels and good resturants across the marina on Shorline drive but this is a high tourist area and there are no big chain retail store near by, although there would be some small convienciene and liquer stores in the areas within walking distance. Walking distance to the larger retail location you mentioned would be well inland and require some kind of private transportation to get to the pier on sailing day. 

On 7/25/2022 at 10:57 PM, scottca075 said:

You'd be better off to stay at the Hotel Maya at the cruise port and Uber to a Target or Walmart than stay near a Target or Walmart and Uber to the port.

Is it difficult to get a cab or Uber to the port? We'll be staying at The Inn at 50 Long beach.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 11:57 PM, scottca075 said:

You'd be better off to stay at the Hotel Maya at the cruise port and Uber to a Target or Walmart than stay near a Target or Walmart and Uber to the port.

This was our plan but now the Hotel Maya will not let us book a one night stay on Friday night next June. It is requiring a 2 night stay minimum. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 8:44 PM, tytanbri said:

This was our plan but now the Hotel Maya will not let us book a one night stay on Friday night next June. It is requiring a 2 night stay minimum. 

We've found the same issue for our January cruise. Hotel Maya has "no rooms available", but when I add a night, they have plenty. I'm not paying that price for 2 nights when I only need one, even though I'd love to stay there. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, tytanbri said:

6 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

We've found the same issue for our January cruise. Hotel Maya has "no rooms available", but when I add a night, they have plenty. I'm not paying that price for 2 nights when I only need one, even though I'd love to stay there. 

So look at the Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Westin, Hilton and Best Western, all well located in DTLB.

• Like 2