6-30-22 Thursday Weigh-In--Three Day Holidays in July--Will You Will Be Good?

Belle

July 1st Canada Day-------July 4th Independence Day

Three-day holiday for all. Catches us both on the same weekend.

Canada has Friday--USA has Monday

Will your food intake increase because of the 3 days-- BBQ's parties, dinners out, more drinking and

more desserts? Do you have plans? Or is it like any other weekend?

Sadly, to say mine is boring. In the "olden days" use to go to the river and rent a cabin, did it with the

kids and later just my husband and me. Had friends that went to. Was so much fun and there was more food and drinking.

Now I can be good but sometimes being human I eat to much because I'm not doing anything. Make sense? Have you been there?

Whatever you're doing hope you enjoy yourself if at home or going out. Just try to have less calories, carbs, sugar, drinks----

But have fun, yeah right!😁😊

Take care and be safe--Covid still out there. (Especially in groups)

Good morning Belle and all.  No big plans for the holiday here either.  Hopefully we get a little rain before then and will "work" in the yard.  Was down 1.8 pounds this morning.  Time is moving quickly.  We cruise again in August.  Clothes are still tight.  Got to continue to pay the piper so I can play later😄

Hi all!

Belle ~ in my rural neighbourhood there's a little parade of bikes, motorcycles, tractors, whatever, then we get together at a property & have a little potluck  with byob & chairs. Nothing fancy but nice. The only problem is I haven't gone for years & feel there are few people I know, but as another neighbour said, you'll never meet them if you don't go!

BTW I'm down 0.6 lbs.

Alabaster Cruiser ~ nice loss! Oh, your cruise is quite near, unlike mine in October!

Have a nice long weekend & enjoy the holiday as you can. Stay safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Sorry I've been busy forgot to post. Sounds like everyone had a good week.

Susan--Good Loss! Just think no plans might mean less food, so a loss!

This weekend just getting thing ready for my cruises.

Jo--You had a loss to. Good! Hope you had a good Canada Day. Did you do the

neighborhood party this year?

Jan--I'm with you stayed the same, really not what I wanted either but at

least we didn't gain. Always a plus. Hope you're having a good day.

So, hope, everyone enjoys the weekend being busy or just relaxing. Whatever

you decide.

Good morning everyone.  No scales on board ship - I’ve been enjoying the food. Decided not to stress and get back to watching  weight post cruise. 

Every guest tested for covid on dock pre cruise Thursday 6/24positive sent home.   Found out on that 26 guests had covid on prior cruise.  Monday announcement there were covid guests and crew.  The numbers have slowly increased.  My GD and 1 felt sick since Tuesday ( she headache and scratchy throat  - me head cold and scratchy throat). I was retested because I called med tech for a stronger antihistamine- I was negative. My son finally got the head cold/ headache yesterday( neither getting tested staying in room and wearing masks)   There is doing obviously something wrong with covid protocols onboard.   Won’t sail with them again.    

Izena - It was great meeting you ... I hope you continue to test negative!!!  It was probably a good thing we didn't meet up after Sunday morning - On Sunday afternoon we had a family birthday party for our GS's 1st birthday (my DD's son).  His other grandfather & step-grandmother flew ( from MO)  for the party - the GF wasn't feeling well Sunday so he mostly stayed in another room.

After that day GF turned out to have covid and so did step-GM.  Now The 1 year old, his 8 year old brother, my DD, my youngest DS, and my husband are all positive.  ( not positive are my two son-in-laws, my other DS, DDIL, and a 12 yr old grandson ....  I have done covid tests daily for the past 4 days and I am negative).

We have all been so careful -- I was shocked.  Just hoping that being in the same house with my DH doesn't mean that I will end up with it.  Jan

Welcome back Izena--Think you enjoyed your cruise. Not sure was it a small ship,

a river cruise? Can't remember. Least you enjoyed the food. Glad you haven't tested

positive. Did you wear your mask at all times?

Hope it stays that way. Sorry the family has it. Hope everyone feels better soon.

I think the cruise lines had the people stop wearing their masks to soon. When everyone

was wearing masks there was less covid. The 1st cruise on each ship when they said no more 

wearing of the masks if you don't want to. Then it started--- more Covid cases   Another

thing less people on the ships then, now their booking more people on the ships. Instead of

50% or less, now 80 to 90%--soon 100%. My opinion only.

It won' t stop me from cruising but I will wear my mask at all times. Will help some.

Covid is here to stay I'm afraid. With the vaccine and boosters most people don't get really

sick and go to the hospital, like you it seems like a cold. But don't even want that on a cruise.

Can still be sick with a cold especially the 1st day or 2

Jan--So sorry your family has covid. Too bad the GF didn't stay away with not feeling well.

Said they flew down, guess didn't have another place to stay and sure didn't think he had covid.

Everyone got it so fast. Guess everyone hugging and kissing hello, eating. Wonder why 7 got it and

6 of you didn't and hope you/they don't. You stay away from your husband. No kissing, ect.:classic_wink:

Stay well.

Been a lazy day today. Need to do get things ready for the cruises and just didn't do anything.

Trouble is I'm the only one to do it but for some reason didn't want to do it today! Will do some

things tomorrow plus want to leave house a little clean. Don't have to overdo it! It will just get

dusty while I'm gone!😄

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday and Monday of the Three Day Holiday.

Jan we did have a great visit . Sorry family had covid.   I’m currently at airport flight doesn’t leave until 2 pm.  Cruise was 10 days.  Missed 2 ports due to weather.  Excursions were strange felt like I was  taking tours of the rich and famous.   This was an ACL river cruise was ready to book 2 future cruises then backed out.  There was no enthusiasm from staff . Sometimes felt like we were being scolded for whatever.   Then amazingly attitudes changed when a corporate mgr boarded the ship.  Too late for me.   Food was great but could feels things weren’t at 100% 

Hi all.  Did not mention that on our last and 17th cruise since covid I brought home a case of  covid.  Husband never did test positive so Jan I wish that for you.  I isolated and masked like suggested.  Then we got our grandson for a week.  He gave me a cold that made me much sicker than covid did.  From here on out I will only take care of well babies!  (Just kidding of course)  Hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth.....Susan

• Like 1

Izena when you posted yesterday, I thought you were home all ready. Hope your home

now or almost. Hope son and Gd are feeling better. You stay safe.

Sorry your cruise wasn't as good as you wanted but glad you and Jan had a good visit.

Susan sorry you got covid on your last cruise. Wasn't it safer/nicer when ships were less

full and everyone wore masks, everyone still had a good time and less chance to catch

covid. You and I sailed a lot then--no covid. 

Hope Ombud doing good on her cruise.  

Jo did you enjoy your Canada day?

Jan how are you? Still negative? Hope the family is feeling better.

Take care 

Jo glad you had a nice Canada Day doing what you wanted.

Quiet day here, got my lawns cut. Some clothes washing, watched the fireworks on the TV.

Didn't have them in my town this year, fire danger and water drought.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Can you believe Tuesday already?

We got home Sunday. My son waited until then to test for Covid and he was positive.  He isn’t real I’ll just staying quiet and isolated.  

I’m still in disbelief on the cruise experience.    Crew were only going through the motions - no attempts to do a good job or make sure we had a good experience.  Last morning they couldn’t get us off the ship fast enough.  

Izena - that is just so sad that the crew wasn't doing what they should have.  What ports did you miss?  What one's did you get to explore?   I'm sorry that your son is positive for covid.  How is your GD doing?  I'm assuming you've tested again and are still negative.  DH is still positive and I continue to be negative.  It is crazy.  I will continue to test ... I'm tired of being home bound!!   Jan

Jan--Glad you're still negative, sorry husband is still positive. His he sick or

just has it. How are all the others who caught it at the party? You take care.

Stay safe.

Izena--So sorry your cruise was such a disappointment, Hope you write them a

letter telling about the crew. You paid good money for a cruise and should get

what is expected.

Sorry about your son, Hope he's feeling all right. You take care too, stay safe.

Hello to all.

Good Morning-☀️- up late as usual. Just wanted to say hope you all have a good day in

everything especially, you're eating. That will help your scale weight on Thursday.

S---Sleep

C---Cut up vegetables or lean meat

A---Always drink water

L---Low carbs or low calories (how you're doing it)

E---Exercise a little